Author Topic: Cleveland: FirstEnergy Stadium renovations, changes  (Read 14268 times)

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: FirstEnergy Stadium renovations, changes
« Reply #690 on: May 06, 2018, 08:00:13 PM »
They have to try and run the stadium like a business. The problem is, its used for, what, 10 Browns games a season plus a handful of other events? I'm seeing other teams like the St. Louis Cardinals, the Jacksonville Jaguars realising theres more to a stadium than simply just gameday. When I did the tour of Lambeau Field they highlighted this perfectly.

I'd even be offering it out for peanuts to a minor league soccer team. Simply because it'll make use of the stadium and bring people into the area. Its sitting there idly and wastefully.

Yeah the St Louis Cardinals did a great job...before the the team moved.....then they got a new team, who then moved again!

Offline carnevalem

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »
St. Louis Cardinals

Do you mean Arizona? They haven't played in St. Louis since 1987

Offline mrnyc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #692 on: May 06, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »
bring back the world series of rock at least once a summer. live music festivals are on the upswing lately.

Offline snakebite

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #693 on: May 06, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »
St. Louis Cardinals

Do you mean Arizona? They haven't played in St. Louis since 1987
No the baseball team and what they are doing with Ballpark Village.

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #694 on: May 09, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
The future of my Cleveland: Charles Stack (Opinion)

CLEVELAND -- I am a lifelong Clevelander and a lifelong, die-hard Browns fan. I would rather save Cleveland than save the Browns.

I got to thinking about that as I was reading the recent Plain Dealer editorial connecting the conversation about a new football stadium to the greatly needed, much broader regional development conversation.

If you're not sure we need this conversation, consider the following. (Warning: it's bleak.)

1.       Cleveland ranks dead last -- 71st of the 71 largest metro areas -- in job creation, according to a May 7 Forbes magazine ranking.

2.       Cleveland was the fifth largest city in America 100 years ago. Today we are 51st, and we are one of only three major cities continuing to decline. (US Census)

3.       Our poverty rate is currently 35 percent. That's the second worst in the nation. That's connected to other depressing rankings: According to a 2017 study by CBRE, we are 45th in tech talent; U.S. News has us 84th out of 100 for livability. And here's the worst one: Our infant mortality rate is among the highest in the country.

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/05/the_future_of_my_cleveland_cha.html#incart_2box

Offline mack34

« Reply #695 on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:59 PM »
Ugh, there is so much in this article that is true.....and the bigger question is how does Cleveland get it turned around? 

Offline Sir2geez

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #696 on: May 11, 2018, 09:45:02 PM »
I think things like Plug and Play will have a significant impact on the region. Yes, job growth is lacking; however, I think we're finally positioned to see significant job growth. The Plain Dealer article from a couple days confims this. There are hundreds of unfilled jobs in region. The labor pool in the region doesn't match the jobs that are being created. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

In-demand jobs go unfilled because workers lack skills: Team NEO report

Plenty of good-paying jobs go unfilled in Northeast Ohio because job seekers lack the credentials to hold them, according to a report released Monday, prepared by Team Northeast Ohio , a regional economic development group.

"The big takeaway was that we saw particularly acute misalignment in IT, health care and manufacturing," said Jacob Duritsky Team NEO's vice president of strategy and research, who prepared the report. "In our world (Northeast Ohio's economy), health care is the largest employer, manufacturing is the second and IT is embedded in every thing we do."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2018/05/in-demand_jobs_go_unfilled_bec.amp

Offline Mildtraumatic

« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »
^OMG.  Are you Nick Mileti's grandson?
8)