PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Stonebridge/Flats West Developments  (Read 520 times)

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Stonebridge/Flats West development
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2012, 12:52:16 PM »
^In this type of litigation there tends to be 8-10 defendants (if not more...the cross claims, counterclaims and third party complaints fly)  and everybody points the finger at everybody else.  A deposition of one person can last days and the documents could fill a large walk in closet.  The cost of such litigation is incredible (especially the experts who also cannot agree on the cause) and it usually spawns other lawsuits (usually involving insurance and coverage).

Offline skorasaurus

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »

Not sure if this is the best place to post: The Columbus Ave bridge was scheduled to open this month, been pushed back to October.
http://publicworks.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/ColumburRd-LiftBrdg-1007.aspx

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
County consolidation could speed up shifting of Stonebridge complex to apartments
By STAN BULLARD
July 27, 2014 4:30 AM

The consolidation of many Cuyahoga County employees into new headquarters from offices the county rented or buildings it is disposing of may trigger the conversion to apartments of two buildings at the Stonebridge complex in the Flats.

Doug Price, CEO of Willoughby-based K&D Group, said his company is “running the numbers” and likely will convert its five-story Stonebridge Office Building, 2019 Center St., and a two-story office/retail building, at 2020 Center St., to apartments.

The trigger for developing a new plan is the departure of employees from the Cuyahoga County Department of Public Works to the new county building at 912 Prospect Ave. from the Stonebridge office building. The county had leased space for the department in the building since its 2001 opening. Another major tenant, Cleveland.com, exited to join other Northeast Ohio Media Group operations at the former Plain Dealer building at 1801 Superior Ave.

READ MORE AT:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20140727/SUB1/307279980/county-consolidation-could-speed-up-shifting-of-stonebridge-complex
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline shs96

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
Interesting.   Have a hard time seeing how they would convert 2020 Center St to apartments given the layout.  Would have liked to see how a well run business would have fared in that space.

Offline peabody99

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Stonebridge/Flats West Developments
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
I haven't been around in a while so I forgot the forum rules, and I think I can't post a Cleveland.com link, correct? Well holy moley Doug Price got finally had justice served to the tune of 12 million plus turning over his remaining 49 units the stonebridge condo association. All because he failed to deal with problems at Stonebridge Towers that were his responsibility. This is now going to be as wonderful a building as the neighborhood!  :clap: heck one day I might even be about to sell! Here I though this would be my retirement home in 25 years  :-P

Offline TonkaMuscle

• Excavation Site
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2014, 08:19:04 AM »
Does anyone know if there is anyplace I can read the agreement between the City of Cleveland and K&D granting them use of the Stonebridge Viaduct?
I'm new to the discussion board and I have only begun to look back over all of the forum pages, so my apologies if I'm asking for something alrady covered.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »
Does anyone know if there is anyplace I can read the agreement between the City of Cleveland and K&D granting them use of the Stonebridge Viaduct?
I'm new to the discussion board and I have only begun to look back over all of the forum pages, so my apologies if I'm asking for something alrady covered.

Welcome TonkaMuscle (love the name!). I don't believe the agreement has been posted here. Besides, I would think the agreement would be between K&D and Cuyahoga County which owns most of the high-level bridges over the Cuyahoga River valley (the only exceptions I know of are the RTA and ODOT bridges).

EDIT: the agreement is a public document. You should be able to get it by contacting the Cuyahoga County Department of Public Works.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:26:31 AM by KJP »

Offline TonkaMuscle

• Excavation Site
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »
THANK YOU!!

Currently K&D is using the Stonebridge as a parking lot, which I really doubt was the intent of the agreement.

Offline StapHanger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:00 AM »
Tonka, there's a small chance the document is recorded in the land records, which means it would be available if you searched under the parcel ID on the county web site.  You can find the parcel ID using the county GIS site. 

Offline TonkaMuscle

• Excavation Site
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
Actually I have found out that the Superior Viaduct (I call it Stonebridge is City owned)

Offline TonkaMuscle

• Excavation Site
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2014, 10:19:31 AM »
Also unable to locate Parcel ID using County GIS map, but there's a very good chance I'm just not using it correctly.

I think my next step is to go to the Mayor's Action Center and figure out who my council man is and contact them.

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    • FB
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »
PARCEL ID
003-18-027
OWNERS NAME
CITY OF CLEVELAND
ADDRESS
00000 SUPERIOR VIADUCT
CITY
CLEVELAND
ZIP

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
Actually it is four different parcels. Three are owned by the City and one is owned by, interestingly, ParkWorks

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:35:15 AM by musky »

Offline StapHanger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
^I think the Parkworks parcel is part of the the old rail ROW they purchased a couple years back for the Lake Link Trail.

And as I think this over more, the parcels shown there may just be for the land underneath the viaduct, not the viaduct itself.

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #285 on: September 08, 2014, 11:47:54 AM »
That very well could be true

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #286 on: September 08, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
When I look it up on Google Earth Pro (Parcel overlay), it does not show the same info as I previously posted. Only shows it as a ROW. There is likely an easement of some sort in that case

Offline tradition7

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »
The parkworks parcel is indeed a ~10' wide easement through what is now a Stonebridge parking lot that will go under one of the bridge's arches to be used for the Lake Link trail.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #288 on: January 05, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
Rafid Fadul, a doctor and real estate investor, calls Cleveland a 'perfect city': 2015 People to Watch
By Michelle Jarboe McFee, The Plain Dealer
on December 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM, updated December 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Rafid Fadul chased a woman and a medical job to Cleveland three years ago. Things with the woman didn't pan out. After spending a few years at the Cleveland Clinic, he left to run his own business.

But he's steadfastly committed to Cleveland.

Fadul, a doctor who specializes in pulmonary critical care, is chief medical officer for a company called Community Intensivists. He's also a real estate investor.

MORE:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/12/rafid_fadul_a_doctor_and_real.html#incart_river

Offline TPH2

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #289 on: January 05, 2015, 10:51:13 AM »
Rafid Fadul, a doctor and real estate investor, calls Cleveland a 'perfect city': 2015 People to Watch
By Michelle Jarboe McFee, The Plain Dealer
on December 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM, updated December 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Rafid Fadul chased a woman and a medical job to Cleveland three years ago. Things with the woman didn't pan out. After spending a few years at the Cleveland Clinic, he left to run his own business.

But he's steadfastly committed to Cleveland.

Fadul, a doctor who specializes in pulmonary critical care, is chief medical officer for a company called Community Intensivists. He's also a real estate investor.

MORE:
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2014/12/rafid_fadul_a_doctor_and_real.html#incart_river

I enjoy positive press and people saying nice things about the city, but writing a story headline that includes a reference to Cleveland as a "perfect city" makes me roll my eyes. I'd be curious if someone living at E. 55th and Scovill would say that Cleveland is a "prefect city."

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #290 on: January 05, 2015, 11:07:15 AM »
^ I read it as his perspective. As in, Cleveland is the perfect city for him to live and invest in. Nothing on earth is perfect.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »
Missed this one!!

TPI Efficiency and sister company are calling the Flats home
Owner of telecommunications business buys Stonebridge Plaza
By STAN BULLARD
Originally Published: January 11, 2015 4:30 AM  Modified: January 16, 2015 9:34 AM

Roger Zona, president of energy and telecommunications consultant TPI Efficiency/NPEC, likes living and working near the Cuyahoga River in downtown Cleveland so much that he bought a building in the Flats to house the company.

TPI Efficiency and sister company Non-Profit Efficiency Corp., which helps nonprofits qualify for energy programs and avoid unnecessary taxes, and their 20 employees, started 2015 at 2020 Center St. on the west bank of the river, in a former industrial building that has housed three restaurants the past 20 years.

In its most recent incarnation, the structure was known as Stonebridge Plaza, an empty office building and eatery that Willoughby-based K&D Group had hoped could provide food services and business homes as part of a plan to add other uses to the nearby residential Stonebridge apartment and condominium buildings. The Lofts at Stonebridge Plaza building adjoins the office building.

MORE:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150111/SUB1/301119977/tpi-efficiency-and-sister-company-are-calling-the-flats-home

Offline PoshSteve

Re: Cleveland: Flats Developments (Non-Stonebridge or FEB)
« Reply #292 on: December 23, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »
I know this says non-stonebridge, but not sure where to put it since Stonebridge has been broken up and really isn't a thing anymore. My building, formerly the Condominiums at Stonebridge, is rebranding and rebuilding the facade. you may remember the issues from the county corruption case about the shoddy construction and the kickbacks leading to water leaking in during heavy rains. Well the homeowners association, who now owns the building, won their lawsuit (I think last year) and had planned to completely rebuild the exterior to correct the problems. They just passed out fliers today to the residents showing the new conceptual renderings, and it appears the building will be renamed Viaduct Place.

From the flier, "The design was created using the existing window openings and creating a simple pattern from the façade surrounding the window openings. Shades of grays, dark browns, and white will be used on building’s exterior. New windows and window designs will help create a more uniform pattern on each face of the building. The Superior Viaduct entry features a modern canopy design and an all glass foyer."

Sorry for the photo quality, I had to take pictures of the flier. Design and images provided by Vocon.

Offline TPH2

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Re: Cleveland: Flats Developments (Non-Stonebridge or FEB)
« Reply #293 on: December 23, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
@PoshSteve, so is the entire cost of that being covered by the winnings from the lawsuit?

Offline PoshSteve

Re: Re: Cleveland: Flats Developments (Non-Stonebridge or FEB)
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2015, 12:20:45 PM »
I don't know for certain. I'm just remembering from a .com article from before that said the winnings from the suit were going to go toward facade reconstruction. The condo association hasn't said anything regarding where the money is coming from though. Btw, I don't own a condo here myself, so I'm not included on any discussions on assessments or association fees.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #295 on: December 28, 2015, 08:50:56 AM »
More litigation at Stonebridge Towers in #CLE's Flats. Condos, not cash, to pay legal bills?
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/12/stonebridge_towers_lawsuit_pro.html
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 08:51:42 AM by KJP »

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #296 on: December 28, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »
More litigation at Stonebridge Towers in #CLE's Flats. Condos, not cash, to pay legal bills?
http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2015/12/stonebridge_towers_lawsuit_pro.html

I think that would be appropriate and allow the lawyers to get "actual value" out of the condos.  It's easy for the lawyers to hire an appraisal firm to put a dollar amount they want on the condos.  At the very least, the condos should be appraised by a third party entity without any connection to either side (the lawyers or the association).

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2016, 10:33:22 AM »
http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/designreview/drcagenda/2016/02052016/index.php

City Planning Commission
Agenda for February 5, 2016

DF2016-009 – Superior Viaduct (Stonebridge Tower) exterior alterations: Seeking Schematic Design Approval
Project Address: 2211 Detroit Avenue
Project Representatives: Jodi VanderWiel, Vocon
Denver Brooker, Vocon

A few before/after images from the link above....

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:34:23 AM by KJP »

Offline Firenze98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
^Are these changes in response to the litigation issues with construction quality/ water leaks etc?

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2016, 12:19:46 PM »
^ Yes