PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Downtown: New Police Headquarters  (Read 993 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: New Police Headquarters
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2017, 01:56:27 PM »
My contribution....

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2017
Downtown Cleveland's next big building may surprise

Among three or four residential towers and a new skyscraper for a Fortune 500 headquarters, the next big building to rise in downtown Cleveland may surprise many. It grew out of a learning process by city officials that downtown didn't have more than 500,000 square feet of office and garage space ready-made for the needs of its police department. And a single real estate company holds the key to making a new building happen.

Early in spring 2017, the city agreed to sell to Cuyahoga County its police HQ and garage (for police and visitor's vehicles) at 1300 Ontario St. for $9.25 million. The county wanted to move departments (adult probation, corrections planning, substance abuse and other programs) from the Marion Building, 1276 W. 3rd St., to a vacated police HQ by Oct. 31. The reason is the county sold the Marion Building to Weston Inc. The 1913-built, seven-story, 100,000-square-foot building is ideal for conversion to housing using historic tax credits.

The county had hoped to move out of the Marion Building by Oct. 31 when its lease with Weston expires. So it pushed the city to find a new home for its police HQ and garage. The city issued a request for proposals last spring, hoping that owners of downtown buildings would jump at the chance to land a huge tenant like the Cleveland Police Department. But none could meet the city's requirements, including:

MORE:
http://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2017/10/downtown-clevelands-next-big-building.html?m=1
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:57:38 PM by KJP »
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: New Police Headquarters
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 03:15:43 PM »
Sources tell @RobertVHiggs that former Plain Dealer building in downtown #CLE - now home to Cleveland(dot)com - is still one option for city's new police HQ. https://t.co/rM2kh4CBxO
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.