PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Restaurant News & Info  (Read 54747 times)

Online roman totale XVII

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
Re: Cleveland: Restaurant News & Info
« Reply #7080 on: May 07, 2018, 07:52:06 AM »
Forgot to mention above that Raving Med in PHS also shut its doors recently. Shame, I liked it and ate there pretty often although it did get quieter and quieter over the last 6 months or so. They never extended the hours or the menu beyond servicing the M-F 9-5 crowd. What probably did for it was when the excellent Zaytoon opened not too far away, doing kind of the same thing (and more), but much better.
Given the location, Iím sure something will pop up there soon to replace it.

Online MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7081 on: May 07, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »
Ohio City Burrito opens in downtown Cleveland
Updated 5:23 AM; Posted 4:01 AM

By Nikki Delamotte, cleveland.com NDelamotteUllman@Cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio - West 25th St. staple Ohio City Burrito's second shop is now open in downtown Cleveland at 526 E. Superior Ave., the former Leader Bar and Grill. In honor of the new location, today's visitors can get a free sample of chili-lime popcorn from Campbell's Sweet Factory, Ohio City Burrito's neighbor both downtown and in Ohio City, while supplies last.

The cozy shop seats around 20, and a patio adds an additional 15 seats. Hours are 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday through Saturday.

The brother-and-sister team of Jeff and Michelle Pizzuli planted the popular build-your-own concept's first location in Ohio City in 2009. The casual spot quickly became a hit for the lunchtime crowd and late-night eaters alike.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2018/05/ohio_city_burrito_opens_in_dow.html

Offline osu87

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #7082 on: May 15, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Roses Italian kitchen is officially open in Solon

Offline osu87

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #7083 on: May 17, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
Hello bistro in front of Beachwood Place is now open

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7084 on: Today at 03:23:20 PM »
Just learned Latitude closed from this article:

"Detroit Shoreway to Welcome Flight Cleveland, a Wine Shop and Bar, This Fall... a wine shop and bar, in the former home of Latitude 41n (5712 Detroit Ave.) in the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood."

Anyone know why Latitude closed?  I used to go there a lot. Then one day, I noticed the prices were higher, the food didn't taste good---just okay, AND everyone I ate with felt a little ill within a hour or so, but no one threw up.  So after that, I never went back. I thought maybe they changed kitchen staff or ownership or something. But now I see they've shut down? Very curious if anyone has any details.  According to Scene:

"According to neighborhoods reps, the lease had expired and Brown will be transitioning into a different career path. (Messages to Brown went un-returned.)" https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2018/04/05/after-11-years-in-detroit-shoreway-latitude-41n-will-close-this-sunday

If anyone knows the story, would love to hear it. Thanks.

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7085 on: Today at 03:27:53 PM »
^I heard the owner just wanted to travel and explore other careers/lifestyles @Pugu . I'm not at all certain as to the authenticity of that report, however. So if someone else can confirm or deny that would be great

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7086 on: Today at 03:41:32 PM »
^I heard the owner just wanted to travel and explore other careers/lifestyles @Pugu . I'm not at all certain as to the authenticity of that report, however. So if someone else can confirm or deny that would be great

Yeah, that isn't entirely true.  The newish owner of the building and Carol (former owner of Lat 41) never got along.  The decision to close Latitude was 100% due to owner/tenant issues that couldn't be worked out.  She's currently looking for other options along Detroit Ave, but hasn't had any luck finding a spot that will meet her needs. Carol would like to focus more time on her catering business, while still operating a small cafe. 
« Last Edit: Today at 03:45:54 PM by Clefan98 »

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7087 on: Today at 04:07:27 PM »
Thanks. There usually is more to the story when someone says, 'yeah, gonna leave--try something new....'  thanks for the insight.