PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Public Square Redesign  (Read 37874 times)

Offline PittsburgoDelendaEst

• Dirt Lot 0'
Re: Cleveland: Public Square Redesign
« Reply #3270 on: June 14, 2018, 12:43:42 PM »
if Mayor Jackson is concerned of the threat of vehicular terrorism aren't Malls A, B, and C just as vulnerable?  Does anyone know what is the reason the crosswalk has been shortened to 24 feet? 

Yes they are just as vulnerable, but terrorists want to kill as many people with their vehicles as they can, not make tire tracks on rarely-traversed grass lawns.

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3271 on: June 14, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »
if Mayor Jackson is concerned of the threat of vehicular terrorism aren't Malls A, B, and C just as vulnerable?  Does anyone know what is the reason the crosswalk has been shortened to 24 feet? 

Hell Public Square is still vulnerable!  A dump truck at full speed from the Ontario side would be able to launch anywhere into the square.  Jackson is totally perpetuating the security dog and pony show.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #3272 on: June 14, 2018, 08:47:51 PM »
Sometimes I think the only way to have a truly secure public square is to not have a public square at all. Anytime you have large groups of people together, it is going to be insecure. There may be options for making things totally secure, but I can't imagine them making life enjoyable.
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline simplythis

• Rhodes Tower 629'

Offline dave2017

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #3274 on: June 16, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
I am glad to hear that the local news is beginning to address the oversights to yet another attempt to modify the flawed redesign of Public Square. Interesting that Councilman Kerry McCormack is the only on eta comment on the lack of bike lanes from The City.  Shouldn't Anthony Coyne be held responsible since he is the head of the Group Plan Commission overseeing the design elements from Field Operations?