PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Euclid: Development and News  (Read 1091 times)

Offline buildingcincinnati

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Euclid: Development and News
« on: November 23, 2005, 12:53:30 PM »
This appreared in the 11/20/05 PD:

Rebirth of a factory site in Euclid
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Thomas W. Gerdel
Plain Dealer Reporter

On a bright day, sunlight streams through the factory's windows, illuminating rows of steel columns stretching to the high ceiling. But the once-productive copper and brass plant in Euclid is empty and silent except for the steady buzzing of a small power unit.

A few ceiling lights are still on, but presses, rolling mills and other heavy machinery have been stripped away, leaving deep gashes in the dirty concrete- and wood-block floor.

Vacant for the last seven years, the 63-year-old factory on East 260th Street is now headed for demolition, the first step in remaking the nearly 83-acre site into a modern business park.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/business/1132392897249280.xml&coll=2
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 01:48:13 PM by ColDayMan »

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Euclid: random developments
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »
Would someone with a subscription to Crains post the article about Visconi looking to redevelop a Euclid PMX factory into retail.

Thanks

Offline Mov2Ohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:37:06 PM »
From Cleveland.com

Developer eyes retail for Euclid site
1:57 p.m.

Retail could rise again in a desolate Euclid neighborhood that has seen its once-proud shopping mall dissolve into a ghost town. (Link: property listing)

Visconsi Cos., a Pepper Pike-based real estate developer, is interested in building new stores on an abandoned, 83-acre stretch of industrial property at 1121 E. 260th St.

http://www.cleveland.com/weblogs/business/index.ssf?/mtlogs/cleve_business/archives/2006_12.html#214309
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:47:03 AM by buildingcincinnati »

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
Thanks!

Offline buildingcincinnati

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 05:56:29 PM »
From the 12/12/06 PD:

Developer options Euclid property
Former PMX site across from Euclid Square Mall

Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Henry J. Gomez
Plain Dealer Reporter

Retail could rise again in a desolate Euclid neighborhood that has seen its once-proud shopping mall dissolve into a ghost town.

Visconsi Cos., a Pepper Pike-based real estate developer, is interested in building new stores on an empty, 83-acre stretch of industrial property at 1121 East 260th St.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/business/116591718359880.xml&coll=2
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:47:29 AM by buildingcincinnati »

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 03:23:33 AM »
I wonder if Wal-Mart is the angle.  The nearby WM on Vine Street is not a supercenter.

Offline Mov2Ohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 02:52:06 PM »
I hope its not another Wal-Mart. They talk about vacant rail lines adjacent to the site I wonder if there could be some development of that to meet up the the red line or at least build the place with that future possibility in mind.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:21:57 AM »
Now why didn't we have a Euclid Developments thread until now?? We have a general discussion thread where some developments have been discussed: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,25875.0.html

Ray Fogg Corporate Properties is building on its Euclid ties with $6 million project
By STAN BULLARD
March 01, 2015 4:30 AM

A year after finishing its first office/warehouse building at Bluestone Business Center in Euclid, Ray Fogg Corporate Properties LLC already is taking steps for an encore.

Ray Fogg Jr., president of Ray Fogg Corporate Properties, said the Brooklyn Heights-based real estate developer and industrial construction contractor plans to add a building with 127,000 square feet of space at Bluestone as soon as possible this spring.

Plans call for the structure with 32-foot-tall ceilings to be ready for tenants by summer's end. The venture is a more than $6 million construction project. The industrial park is south of the East 260th Street interchange with I-90.

MORE:
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20150301/SUB1/303019993/ray-fogg-corporate-properties-is-building-on-its-euclid-ties-with-6
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:30:25 AM by KJP »
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline McLovin

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »

Offline w28th

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 03:02:07 PM »
I think it needs more beige.

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    • FB
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 06:52:22 AM »
It is a virtual copy of another building already built and fully utilized. Not defending it in any way... just saying.

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
I'll take a plain Jane building, along with new or retained jobs everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 08:01:14 PM »

Offline CLE618

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
When were these built? First I've noticed them.....

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/27181-Euclid-Ave_Euclid_OH_44132_M49543-73258?row=4

KJP,
I believe this is just the leasing office they use for their properties, which were not built in this decade..
http://www.euclidapartments.com/euclid/euclid-apartments/photos/

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:32 AM »
Ah, OK. It didn't look residential but I figured, different strokes for different folks....

Offline CLE618

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 08:07:54 AM »
Ah, OK. It didn't look residential but I figured, different strokes for different folks....

Creative use of an empty old Burger King, though..  :roll: :-P

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59:03 AM »
Correct.
This is the leasing office (red) built in 2013/14 for the Euclid Apartments to the north (yellow).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:00:52 AM by musky »

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »

I thought that was where the Lube Stop was... still a creative reuse nonetheless.

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 09:43:46 AM »
Correct, that is where the Lube Stop used to be. That was demolished and the land remidiated. The leasing office is new construction. Not a re-ues of any previously existing building.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
Correct, that is where the Lube Stop used to be. That was demolished and the land remidiated. The leasing office is new construction. Not a re-ues of any previously existing building.

Thanks for clarifying- I thought that was a reuse of the Lube Stop (and if you want to talk about reuses- that would have been a doosey).

Offline CLE618

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »

Yes, thanks for clarifying! I think the jungle gym in the front window just screamed burger king to me. :lol:

Offline clvlndr

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 04:23:43 PM »
I'm just curious, has the Euclid mayor spoken out in favor of RTA's Red Line extension proposal?  If he has, I sure haven't heard him.  And if not, why not? ... especially given the potential for economic, TOD development in Euclid this extension could spawn. 

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
I'm just curious, has the Euclid mayor spoken out in favor of RTA's Red Line extension proposal?  If he has, I sure haven't heard him.  And if not, why not? ... especially given the potential for economic, TOD development in Euclid this extension could spawn.

I would imagine that right now, it is still too far away in terms of plausibility.  Although, Cervenik is not running for reelection, so he really could speak his mind as much as he wants now, I would imagine.

Offline clvlndr

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »

I would imagine that right now, it is still too far away in terms of plausibility.  Although, Cervenik is not running for reelection, so he really could speak his mind as much as he wants now, I would imagine.

But that's the point.  Such a project becomes more plausible the more politicians speak out about it.  Keep in mind, RTA hasn't even chosen the Red Line as its Locally Preferred Option.  If politicians in the impact area of this line, including Cleveland City councilmen, like Mike Polansek and Jeff Johnson (in upper and lower Collingwood, respectively), don't speak out then RTA can quietly opt for buses with little or no pressure.   This should not be what we want.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 06:32:05 AM »
The consulting team will soon deliver to GCRTA the Tier 1 environmental assessment which will say that the project represents an enormous economic opportunity for Northeast Cleveland, East Cleveland and Euclid, and that the project would generate sufficient ridership in a cost-effective manner, would divert a significant number of vehicle-miles driven to transit, that GCRTA has sufficient Red Line trains to operate it, reduce the region's critical jobs-job seekers spatial disconnect, and that it would generate economic benefits sufficient to attract a full federal funding share to construct the project (about 50% of project construction costs). There are still a couple of options that survived the screening process and would be eligible for federal funds including (locally preferred alternatives-LPAs):
+ an all-rail extension to the Euclid Park-n-Ride (most expensive to build, generates the most new transit trips and benefits);
+ a hybrid rail-BRT option of extending the rail to Noble with a BRT north on East 152 to Waterloo, East 185 and Lake Shore (middle-cost, middle-benefits);
+ all-BRT option east on Euclid to East 152, Waterloo, East 185, Lake Shore (lowest-cost, lowest new transit ridership, lowest benefits).

GCRTA staff will review the consultant's report and make a recommendation to the GCRTA board on what, if any, LPA should be advanced into detailed engineering. Final engineering can cost about 5 percent of the total estimated construction cost. So for the all-rail extension, that could be about $50 million -- about 20-50 percent of that could be from nonfederal funds.

Offline OC_Charlie

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 07:01:15 AM »
A "Park-N-Ride" type red line station (similar to Brookpark or Puritas) near Babbitt would do great. It would be the only such station in that part of eastern Cuyahoga and would draw interest from Lake County residents who could easily access it from I-90. I know these areas are served by RTA and Laketran Park-N-Ride buses during rush hours but train accessibility would offer much more flexibility in usage time. Perhaps the train station could be used as a catalyst to spur development on the large swaths of empty land occupied by the former Euclid Mall and K-Mart/Twin Value. Not to mention these properties are adjacent to the Babbitt/E.260 highway ramps.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:02:52 AM by OC_Charlie »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 07:16:39 AM »
How about that -- a direct rail link to University Circle (rail probably would be the fastest way to get there!), downtown Cleveland and Hopkins International Airport. I could see an advanced manufacturing district in that area, including possibly replacing the mall. If a TIF were instituted, that might provide a significant part of the local funding share for the rail extension. There is also interest by the city of Cleveland of creating an innovation district around a station at Noble Road. Without the rail line, I don't see anything on the horizon that could improve the fortunes of northeast Cleveland and northern East Cleveland -- all right next to Euclid. Such a huge area cannot be allowed to remain neglected and metastasize.

Offline clvlndr

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »
^  ^^^ The plot thickens.  Muchas gracias for the intriguing update.

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
KJP - if the red line to Euclid was selected, along with the costs of construction, would they also add in money for additional cars?  (my real quesion: would a Red line exentension be a back door way to get desperately needed money for train car maintenance and upkeep?)

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • FB