Author Topic: Cleveland: Opportunity Corridor Boulevard  (Read 25441 times)

Offline jam40jeff

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Opportunity Corridor Boulevard
« Reply #1800 on: June 02, 2018, 03:26:38 PM »
Ha, I didn't pick up on the snark (at least with respect to the time savings quoted), sorry.

Online E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Opportunity Corridor Boulevard
« Reply #1801 on: June 04, 2018, 07:11:31 AM »
You assume getting to the innerbelt is easy but that's not always true.  The idea here is allowing UH traffic to bypass downtown traffic.  Even now, 55th is frequently gridlocked.  490 and Woodland will both back up for a mile with people trying to turn onto 55th.  We're asking the current street grid to perform in a way it was not designed for.  And sending UH traffic through the innerbelt asks the highway system to perform in a way it was not designed for. 

I know traffic is worse elsewhere but Cleveland's traffic should not be as bad as it is.  The OC project should alleviate a lot of grief, even for people who aren't using it, because it will remove cars from other routes where they don't belong.

Nobody should take 490/Woodland/E. 55 to University Circle.  It is much easier, especially with the new Innerbelt bridge done, to go over the bridge and get off at Chester or Carnegie.  I make this drive often during rush hour and it moves pretty well most of the time.

Coming from anywhere south of 490 it's going to be a much better route.  We all know how the innerbelt can get, especially if someone has a mishap.