PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Obama Presidency  (Read 33749 times)

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
Re: The Obama Presidency
« Reply #7920 on: August 31, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
They expect everyone else to memorize the Constitution word-for-word but can't even remember that someone can't be President for more than 8 years. I guess belief systems are just too strong.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7921 on: August 31, 2017, 10:40:02 AM »
So many

It was apparently 2 or 3 people/trolls, with 99.9% of the conversation being smug, pedestrian criticism - from your link:

The majority of tweets, and the most popular tweets, all mocked the idea of blaming the Katrina reaction on Obama. The anti-Obama messaging does not appear to have penetrated. Of the accounts in the image, one is now suspended and the others show varying degrees of activity; one claims to have been joking. There doesn’t appear to be major bot (i.e. automated) traffic involved.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #7922 on: August 31, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »
A gem from @danwlin that got 81,000 likes....

MSNBC: Trump visits no victims

CNN: Trump visits no victims

FOX: Why didn’t Obama visit any victims of the Tunguska Explosion of 1908?
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline BCCLE1

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #7923 on: September 28, 2017, 12:00:11 PM »
Yep, Obama didn't mess with the 2017 election, or with President Trump's attempt to right the country.

How Obama is funding the anti-Trump resistance

By  Paul Sperry 
New York Post
9/23/17

Wall Street might be shocked to learn it is helping bankroll the anti-Trump “resistance” movement that’s aggressively fighting policies it favors — including corporate tax cuts and the repeal of Obama-era banking and health-care regulations.
The Obama administration’s massive shakedown of Big Banks over the mortgage crisis included unprecedented back-door funding for dozens of Democratic activist groups who were not even victims of the crisis.
At least three liberal nonprofit organizations the Justice Department approved to receive funds from multibillion-dollar mortgage settlements were instrumental in killing the ObamaCare repeal bill and are now lobbying against GOP tax reform, as well as efforts to rein in illegal immigration.......

https://nypost.com/2017/09/23/how-obama-is-funding-the-anti-trump-resistance/

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7924 on: September 28, 2017, 12:54:58 PM »
Yep, Obama didn't mess with the 2017 election, or with President Trump's attempt to right the country.

Dear troll,

If you're going to troll, at least put together a coherent trolling effort, like Ram.  The 2017 election?  What?  And how is Obama involved personally?

Poor effort.

Thanks.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7925 on: September 28, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
^what part of the NY Post piece didn't you understand?

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7926 on: September 28, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
Leave it to the party of personal responsibility to find someone to blame for their failure to govern.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7927 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
Yeah...

Do you guys really, REALLY, want to talk about Obama and money while you elected Captain Cheeto to office?  Really?

It'll be close to reelection time and this thread will pop up again, with people still mad that Obama even got elected.  Twice.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:22:03 PM by Oldmanladyluck »

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7928 on: September 28, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
Conservatives need to keep bringing up Obama because they have had full control of DC for 8 months and no legislative victories.  SAD

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7929 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »

Please cite from the piece how it shows Obama messed with the 2017 election.  I'll wait.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7930 on: September 28, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »

Please cite from the piece how it shows Obama messed with the 2017 election.  I'll wait.
ever hear of the term "typographical error?" of course not. I forgot. You're perfect! But I guess that's all you've got. SAD :-(

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7931 on: September 28, 2017, 02:08:26 PM »

ever hear of the term "typographical error?" of course not. I forgot. You're perfect! But I guess that's all you've got. SAD :-(

You could also cite how he messed with the 2016 election.

Offline BCCLE1

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #7932 on: September 28, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »

If all the spelling mistakes, grammar errors, and other mistakes were to be corrected by their posters all the time, the UO site would probably need another server to store all the additional post. Get over it.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7933 on: September 28, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

If all the spelling mistakes, grammar errors, and other mistakes were to be corrected by their posters all the time, the UO site would probably need another server to store all the additional post. Get over it.

So can you cite from the post how Obama interfered in the 2016 election or not?

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7934 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Fascinating story:

The Photo That Never Saw The Light of Day: Obama With Farrakhan In 2005

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/photo-of-obama-louis-farrakhan-to-be-released

I can't believe this never came out.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7935 on: January 25, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »
^ It's not really surprising that legacy media would cover up such a damaging photo. It's not the greatest scandal in the history of journalism, but it is quite telling.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7936 on: January 25, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »
^ it appears that no one on legacy media had the photo. 

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #7937 on: January 25, 2018, 08:02:59 PM »
Obama looked much, much younger then.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7938 on: January 25, 2018, 08:17:58 PM »
^ it was 13 years ago.  I looked much younger too

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7939 on: January 26, 2018, 08:58:06 AM »
^ it appears that no one on legacy media had the photo. 

The guy who kept it hidden for 13 years is a journalist - award winning apparently. He should feel ashamed for tarnishing his entire career by doing this, but something tells me he's probably proud.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7940 on: January 26, 2018, 09:00:25 AM »
^ It was one photographer who decided not to release a photo which is his right.  I just found it interesting that no one ever found it or heard rumors of it.  At the end of the day it's a photo standing next to a controversial figure.  Your comment made it sound like some vast liberal media conspiracy.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #7941 on: January 26, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
^^OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh... Obama!  Obama!  Obama!!! See, told you!!  Obama's a racist!  Obama was born in Africa- he's not even American!  Obama wiretapped Trump Tower!!  Oh wait, see!  He took a pic with Farrakhan!  Birds of a feather flock together!  He was taking notes from Farrakhan the whole time!  Obama's a closet Muslim!  He wanted to destroy America all along!!! Obama should be under investigation!  He's the one who brought this country down! Obama golfed too much- he never got anything done!!  Obama!  Clinton!  Benghazi!  Farrakhan!  Obamaaaaaaaa!!!

Unbelievable.

Offline smith

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #7942 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:28 AM »
Why doesn't everyone get up in arms about Trump and people he's pictured with?  He INVITED the CROOKED CLINTONS to his wedding!!!!!! There's a picture!!!!

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7943 on: January 26, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »
For all we know, the journalist may not have released the picture because he knew Obama was in an uncomfortable position in a room with Farrakhan.  We've all been in those positions before, where it would be MORE uncomfortable to turn down a picture than to just take it and move on (like running into an ex girlfriend at a party and being forced into a group-shot for social media...)

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7944 on: January 26, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »
^ It was one photographer who decided not to release a photo which is his right.  I just found it interesting that no one ever found it or heard rumors of it.  At the end of the day it's a photo standing next to a controversial figure.  Your comment made it sound like some vast liberal media conspiracy.

It is, by definition, a conspiracy, isn't it? There's gotta be at least a dozen people who know of the photos existence yet concealed it from the public for over a decade. Among those co-conspirators are the former president of the United States, member(s) of the Congressional Black Caucus, and member(s) of the media. I don't know if I'd call it "vast" (your word, not mine, btw) but it's certainly "liberal" (also your word).

Why doesn't everyone get up in arms about Trump and people he's pictured with?  He INVITED the CROOKED CLINTONS to his wedding!!!!!! There's a picture!!!!

If you head over to the Trump thread, you'll find thousands of examples of people getting up in arms about anything and everything Trump has ever done.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7945 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »

It is, by definition, a conspiracy, isn't it? There's gotta be at least a dozen people who know of the photos existence yet concealed it from the public for over a decade. Among those co-conspirators are the former president of the United States, member(s) of the Congressional Black Caucus, and member(s) of the media. I don't know if I'd call it "vast" (your word, not mine, btw) but it's certainly "liberal" (also your word).

If you head over to the Trump thread, you'll find thousands of examples of people getting up in arms about anything and everything Trump has ever done.

What do you call multiple media outlets covering for Trump during the election when his treasonous actions were known?  What do you call media outlets buying stories from women that Trump had affairs with to bury the story?  Certainly part of some media conspiracy which pale in comparison to a photo that one guy decided not to release.  get a grip dude.

Offline Gramarye

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7946 on: January 26, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
I call accusations of treason against him tired, unfounded, and inappropriate for the Obama Presidency thread.  I also call the suggestion that the media were somehow excessively friendly to Donald Trump, that they were "covering" for him, utterly risible.  You can say that they were strategically excessively hostile to him.  He fed on their hostility, and fed it to his base to their unmitigated delight, and the one thing the media could have done to actually hurt him--ignore him--is the one thing they were collectively incapable of doing.  But that is emphatically not "covering" for him.

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7947 on: January 26, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
It still doesn't change the fact that one photographer holding onto one photograph is some sort of liberal media conspiracy.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #7948 on: January 26, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »

So can you cite from the post how Obama interfered in the 2016 election or not?

I completely forgot about this request of the MAGA crowd.  No response.  You guys are highly disappointing.