PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Democratic Party  (Read 6022 times)

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: The Democratic Party
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2017, 02:33:22 PM »
Why does he need to see the light?  Trump got elected bragging about sexual assault all the way to the White House.

making an off-color, offhand remark off-camera on some silly celebrity-driven entertainment show (for which he subsequently apologized) is hardly "bragging about sexual assault!" Let's try and maintain some perspective.

Online freefourur

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2017, 02:36:05 PM »
^ He admitted to sexually assaulting women.  Don't let your partisanship blind you. 

Online Sir2geez

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
"Grab'em by the p#$$y, you can do anything."

Online DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2017, 03:13:30 PM »
Why does he need to see the light?  Trump got elected bragging about sexual assault all the way to the White House.

making an off-color, offhand remark off-camera on some silly celebrity-driven entertainment show (for which he subsequently apologized) is hardly "bragging about sexual assault!" Let's try and maintain some perspective.

I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

I did try and fuck her. She was married.

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

This is sexual assault.

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2017, 05:01:05 PM »
Is there a complete running list handy somewhere? My assumption would be that for every Republican who has been accused in this new post-Weinstein world, there are 5-10 Democrats - mostly because the bulk of accusations have been made against wealthy Democrat donors and supporters in the entertainment and media worlds. It's interesting that we haven't really seen these accusations enter corporate or blue collar realms where you'd typically find Republican donors and supporters, yet they're becoming pervasive in Hollywood and the media.

Of course it's running ahead....Republicans like to pay off the women and sign them up for non-disclosures.   See Bill O'Reinstein and most of the rest of the Fox News on air staff.... ::)

Online jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
Politicians who are resigning (announced in recent weeks): Al Franken, John Conyers

Politicians who are not resigning: Donald Trump, Blake Farenthold, Roy Moore

Hmmm.

This is a pretty brilliant move by the Democrats.  Killing off Franken for offenses that were a fraction of what Moore and no doubt others have committed means they can put huge pressure on Moore to resign if he does win the special election, which I assume forces yet another special election. 

Online YABO713

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »

Stop. I played four years of college football and literally never heard a teammate talking about walking up to a girl and grabbing them by the pu**y. And I heard some VULGAR stuff in that locker room.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:50:41 AM by YABO713 »

Offline TheCOV

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
Is there a complete running list handy somewhere? My assumption would be that for every Republican who has been accused in this new post-Weinstein world, there are 5-10 Democrats - mostly because the bulk of accusations have been made against wealthy Democrat donors and supporters in the entertainment and media worlds. It's interesting that we haven't really seen these accusations enter corporate or blue collar realms where you'd typically find Republican donors and supporters, yet they're becoming pervasive in Hollywood and the media.

Of course it's running ahead....Republicans like to pay off the women and sign them up for non-disclosures.   See Bill O'Reinstein and most of the rest of the Fox News on air staff.... ::)

I'm not sure why people are so surprised the accused seem to contain guys from the political and entertainment world. It's because they are famous or public figures. I'm pretty sure men are just as awful across the spectrum.....see Catholic priest scandal for more evidence.
None of my female friends who have experienced extreme harassment, up to and including rape, are going to generate the kind of media storm as if their perp had been a Moore or Franken.

Online freefourur

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »

Stop. I played four years of college football and literally never heard a teammate talking about walking up to a girl and grabbing them by the pu**y. And I heard some VULGAR stuff in that locker room.

Hey, all real men brag about rape with their friends.  What are you some kind of PC snowflake?

Offline TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »
I've made similar comments on the Trump forum, but this whole "grab them by the p-ssy" was a vastly overblown issue, frankly a huge misfire by the left. Trump IS most likely a rapist (just ask his first wife) and without a question a sexual harasser, abuser, and overall pariah. No question about it, he's of the some ilk of Cosby, Sandusky, Ailes, Weinstein, Spacey... and almost certainly the vast majority of male Hollywood stars as well as political and financial leaders. People at that position are generally sociopaths who see abusing women as their right, and Trump certainly leads the charge.

BUT, I feel there is manufactured outrage with THIS particular controversy. I don't know if "locker room" talk is the right phrase, but a lot of guys, perhaps most, say some absolutely crazy shit sometimes, and that includes vile, sexual comments. I think we all do some version of the Aristocrats with our friends at some point; sometime it's a competition to see who can shock the other person the most; other times it's a way of feeding one's ego in trying to impress others. There is nothing new about verbal diarrhea, and I think you have to be crazy to see this hyperbole as a literal admission of rape or sexual abuse, despite the irony that Trump obviously has a history and proclivity of sexual harassment/violence.

And to these white knights claiming they haven't ever said something as bad as Trump here... I'm calling bullshit.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:50:48 AM by TBideon »

Online freefourur

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 10:50:47 AM »
I've made similar comments on the Trump forum, but this whole "grab them by the p-ssy" was a vastly overblown issue, frankly a huge misfire by the left. Trump IS most likely a rapist (just ask his first wife) and without a question a sexual harasser, abuser, and overall pariah. No question about it, he's of the some ilk of Cosby, Sandusky, Ailes, Weinstein, Spacey... and almost certainly the vast majority of male Hollywood stars as well as political and financial leaders. People at that position are generally sociopaths who see abusing women as their right, and Trump certainly leads the charge.

BUT, I feel there is manufactured outrage with THIS particular controversy. I don't know if "locker room" talk is the right phrase, but a lot of guys, perhaps most, say some absolutely crazy shit sometimes, and that includes vile, sexual comments. I think we all do some version of the Aristocrats with our friends at some point; sometime it's a competition to see who can shock the other person the most; other times it's a way of feeding one's ego in trying to impress others. There is nothing new about verbal diarrhea, and I think you have to be crazy to see this hyperbole as an actual admission of rape or sexual abuse, despite the irony that Trump obviously has a history and proclivity of sexual harassment/violence.

And to these white knights saying they haven't ever said something as bad as Trump here... I'm calling bullshit.

You think all of us men have bragged about sexual assault at some point.  Methinks you need to self reflect a bit or find some new friends.

Offline smith

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 10:53:09 AM »

BUT, I feel there is manufactured outrage with THIS particular controversy. I don't know if "locker room" talk is the right phrase, but a lot of guys, perhaps most, say some absolutely crazy shit sometimes, and that includes vile, sexual comments. I think we all do some version of the Aristocrats with our friends at some point; sometime it's a competition to see who can shock the other person the most; other times it's a way of feeding one's ego in trying to impress others. There is nothing new about verbal diarrhea, and I think you have to be crazy to see this hyperbole as an actual admission of rape or sexual abuse, despite the irony that Trump obviously has a history and proclivity of sexual harassment/violence.

And to these white knights saying they haven't ever said something as bad as Trump here... I'm calling bullshit.

You think all of us men have bragged about sexual assault at some point.  Methinks you need to self reflect a bit or find some new friends.

AND... accepting the assertion that all men do this, which I'm not, is it so much to ask that OUR PRESIDENT be held to a higher standard??

Offline TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
I don't think verbal diarrhea is anything new.

Politicians cheat. Some get caught, most don't. But they do.  And with the awful things Trump has said and done both during and before his presidency, this is significantly unimportant taken as a whole. He's been a far bigger bastard in many more impactful ways that should be the focus.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:01:40 AM by TBideon »

Online freefourur

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 11:00:53 AM »
^ Cheating and raping are 2 different things.  Kissing women without consent is akin to rape not cheating.

Offline TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 11:08:47 AM »
If you think kissing without consent is as invasive, traumatic, and life-changing as bodily rape, well, I see it a bit differently.

And there are certain power dynamics between men, especially those of high status, and women (who lack such status) in which cheating and sexual assault have a close connection. I think you have to be naïve to think that married men of power who womanize don't manipulate, harass, coerce, and even assault as well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:11:02 AM by TBideon »

Online freefourur

« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:41 AM »
^ A man who brags about kissing women without consent is a piece of work.  This is not regular guy talk no matter how much you to pretend that your friends are normal.  I agree that the power dynamics are important.  You are really making my point for me.

Offline smith

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 11:15:05 AM »
If you think kissing without consent is as invasive, traumatic, and life-changing as bodily rape, well, I see it a bit differently.

And there are certain power dynamics between men, especially those of high status, and women (who lack such status) in which cheating and sexual assault have a close connection. I think you have to be naïve to think that married men of power who womanize don't manipulate, harass, coerce, and even assault as well.

Sure, If someone cut someone else with a knife it also wouldn't be as life changing as stabbing them.  Doesn't make it any more acceptable. 

Online Robuu

• Premium Member
  • Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
Prior to the Access Hollywood video coming out, women had come forward describing experiences with Trump victimizing them in ways similar to the ways Trump brags about victimizing women in the video. Maybe some men talk like that without meaning it, but the accusations and the talk together make it look like he was speaking from experience and inadvertently confirming the allegations.

When, independently, you have record of people saying he does this and record of him saying I do this, this amounts to extremely strong evidence to conclude that he does this.

Offline TheCOV

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »

BUT, I feel there is manufactured outrage with THIS particular controversy. I don't know if "locker room" talk is the right phrase, but a lot of guys, perhaps most, say some absolutely crazy shit sometimes, and that includes vile, sexual comments. I think we all do some version of the Aristocrats with our friends at some point; sometime it's a competition to see who can shock the other person the most; other times it's a way of feeding one's ego in trying to impress others. There is nothing new about verbal diarrhea, and I think you have to be crazy to see this hyperbole as a literal admission of rape or sexual abuse, despite the irony that Trump obviously has a history and proclivity of sexual harassment/violence.

And to these white knights claiming they haven't ever said something as bad as Trump here... I'm calling bullshit.

Not all, but I do think a lot of guys say ridiculous things around friends. But Billy Bush isn't Trumps close friend, and saying crap like that during the course of hanging out while being interviewed leads me to believe Trump is guilty of this. Or, he at the very least has suspect decision making skills to spout off in this context.
i wonder what Freud would think of Trumps behaviors??

Online mu2010

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
I might have many friends who have said something along the lines of "i would like to do x" but what Trump said is "i habitually do x and get away with it because of my social status."

The locker room talk argument is trying to make the latter seem like the former and they're different.

Online mu2010

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
And as I think about this further, I might also have had friends who lie about sexual conquests. They say "I did x" when they didn't - that's definitely common.

But what makes Trump's comments so heinous is the "I get away with it because of my social status" part. Because if he was lying, there'd really be no reason to include that or even think of it. The only people who say that are those who know it and act on it.

Online freefourur

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
^ I think bragging about sexual conquests, talking about what you'd like to do with women, and even crude comments about their bodies fall within the acceptable realm of "locker room talk."  I am no prude or white knight here.  I have done my fair share of that and still do to an extent when I get out with just the guys.  But bragging about sexual assault is something else altogether.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:05:00 PM by freefourur »

Offline Gramarye

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »
But what makes Trump's comments so heinous is the "I get away with it because of my social status" part. Because if he was lying, there'd really be no reason to include that or even think of it. The only people who say that are those who know it and act on it.

In your mind, no, but in his mind, yes there is.  He's a narcissist.  From the narcissistic perspective, there is reason to make that brag whether or not it's true: It's your self-testimony that you're a "BIG DEAL."  You're "special."

EDIT: Remember that long-ago crazy thing he said (I know it's hard to keep up with more being added all the time) when asked about what foreign policy experts he'd likely consult for his administration?  He said "myself."  Same narcissistic mentality at work.  Guy probably can't find Syria on a map, maybe not even using Google Maps.

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2017, 03:10:04 PM »

In your mind, no, but in his mind, yes there is.  He's a narcissist.  From the narcissistic perspective, there is reason to make that brag whether or not it's true: It's your self-testimony that you're a "BIG DEAL."  You're "special."

EDIT: Remember that long-ago crazy thing he said (I know it's hard to keep up with more being added all the time) when asked about what foreign policy experts he'd likely consult for his administration?  He said "myself."  Same narcissistic mentality at work.  Guy probably can't find Syria on a map, maybe not even using Google Maps.

Considering the way he changed his tune vis a vis Islam between his early candidacy and his Presidency, at least he listens to those who know more.  Sometimes.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »

I'm fairly certain that pointing out his narcissism is a poor way to try defend him from the likelihood that he was discussing actual sexual assaults.  Narcissism is one of the prime correlations to likelihood that a man has or will commit sexual assault.

Online DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
https://www.vox.com/2017/12/11/16748716/chart-democrats-2018-midterms-elections

There are already a record number of Democrats running in the 2018 mid-term elections.

Online freefourur

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Trump stumped for the pedophile and now he lost.  I was told pro-choice dems can't win.  One less senate vote for the trump agenda.   HAAHAHAHAHA

Online mu2010

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2017, 10:32:18 PM »
Non-denominational holidays come early this year, happy holidays everybody!

Online freefourur

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »
How bad is this for Republicans?  Trump is so bad that he caused the GOP to lose a senate seat in Alabama.  If I'm Ted Cruz, I'm getting nervous.

Online mu2010

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:36 PM »
Rs are clinging to their admittedly excellent Senate map as a sign they'll be ok, but it's not hard to imagine all Senate Ds winning reelection. None of them are retiring, all will have incumbency advantage and it'll be a strong +D environment. Combine that with potential pickups in Arizona, Nevada, and hell maybe even Nebraska and Texas, we could have a Democratic Congress being sworn in a year from now.

Also one has to imagine what this means for Steve Bannon's freakshow. Mitch McConnell and the "establishment" probably regained some credibility tonight even as they lost a Senate seat.

One last thought - recall the Scott Brown special election in 2010.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:55:07 PM by mu2010 »