PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 286817 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #13920 on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:21 PM »
Ms Veselnitskaya has been named an SVR operative in Swiss court papers. That makes Trump a traitor.
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13921 on: February 18, 2018, 11:39:50 PM »
Remember?
A RU government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters. https://t.co/tESz5kew5Z
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:49:55 PM by KJP »
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13923 on: February 19, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
Edit: sorry, I didn't see this on the previous page ....

LATimes: Former Trump aide Rick Gates to plead guilty; agrees to testify against Manafort, sources say
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-rick-gates-plea-deal-20180218-story.html

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #13924 on: February 19, 2018, 07:06:13 AM »
^I think this could be the reason for Trumpís weekend tweetstorm. He will know that Gates was the liaison to the RNC in Cleveland when they changed the GOP platform over Russia. This has never been sussed out as there have been denials all around. So that could hang collusion directly around Trumpís neck and trump knows it.
 Oh and we should be finding out this week how trump will be meeting with Mueller for their little chat, unless he throws up more road blocks and makes it a constitutional crisis by not submitting to Mueller or the Grand Jury. I think this will be a stormy week with Kelly rolling out the new security clearance policy. I think some heads could roll for not being cleared by now or why bother having announced the new policy change for Monday?  I personally hope one will be McGahn as he seems to be in the middle of this and several policy and personnel issues.

Offline plinth857

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #13925 on: February 19, 2018, 07:06:14 AM »
Remember?
A RU government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine votersí faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters. https://t.co/tESz5kew5Z

I would say mission accomplished there.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13926 on: February 19, 2018, 09:11:53 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/11/politics/president-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-election-meddling/index.html

"He said he didn't meddle. He said he didn't meddle. I asked him again. You can only ask so many times," Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One as he flew from Da Nang to Hanoi in Vietnam. Trump spoke to Putin three times on the sidelines of summit here, where the Russia meddling issue arose.

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,' " Trump said. "And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

"I think he is very insulted by it," Trump added.

Whoops!

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13927 on: February 19, 2018, 09:18:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/965378129085820928

Members of Mar-a-lago are deciding if POTUS should take on gun control measures.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13928 on: February 19, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
I really hope the kids from the shooting in Florida do not skip their meeting with Trump.

In all honesty, and I am being completely serious, I think Trump thinks a lot like a 12th grader - I think impassioned lobbying by these kids will get the President to say something outwardly against guns. If he becomes publicly on the side of the victims, it will be hard - even by his standards - to sway back.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13929 on: February 19, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
But he has a pattern of saying reasonable things, and then behind closed doors, his handlers tell him he's wrong and he completely reverses course. It won't matter to anyone if he comes out for gun control, and then changes his tune two days later and calls news organizations that report his earlier comments as "Fake News! Sad!"

His word means nothing.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13930 on: February 19, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
But he has a pattern of saying reasonable things, and then behind closed doors, his handlers tell him he's wrong and he completely reverses course. It won't matter to anyone if he comes out for gun control, and then changes his tune two days later and calls news organizations that report his earlier comments as "Fake News! Sad!"

His word means nothing.

You're right. I just think the context of this meeting would add extra gravity to it.

Offline gottaplan

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13931 on: February 19, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »
anyone else watch the "60 Minutes" interview last night with Rex Tillerson?  I thought it was interesting.  He came across as very competent but really gave a brief response on whether or not he's dismantling the current State Department.  His contempt for Washington & politics was pretty obvious

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13932 on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »
anyone else watch the "60 Minutes" interview last night with Rex Tillerson?  I thought it was interesting.  He came across as very competent but really gave a brief response on whether or not he's dismantling the current State Department.

Rex Tillerson has a very different POV than many of you. But he is certainly qualified for the job. One of the very few Trump appointees I like.

He avoided that answer, in my opinion, because it gives him more latitude. Other than pacifying the left and, to some extent, establishment Moderates (which he is), what does he gain by saying publicly that he is not overhauling the State Dept.

From the reports I read, Tillerson feels bound by a duty to his country to stay in his position - viewing himself as a stabilization mechanism for our helter-skelter foreign policy under Trump.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13933 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
Via Reagan Battalion on Twitter:

Lebron James - Empty suit
Kid Rock - Run For Senate

Trump - Conservative Hero
Mitt Romney - Rich Liberal

Bill Clinton - Dirty Old Man
Bill Oíreilly - Victim

Roy Moore - Man of God
Al Franken - Resign now

Russia - Good
Germany - Globalists

Sex with Monica Lewinsky - BAD
Sex with Stormy Danials  - Who cares?

National Enquirer - Investigative journalism
NY Times, Washington Post - Fake News

John McCain - Traitor
Mike Flynn - War Hero

Hannity, Gateway Pundit, Tucker, - News
Jake Tapper - #CNNIsISIS

Not easy to be a Trumpster

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13934 on: February 19, 2018, 11:29:08 AM »
Weinstein - ZOMG return money NOW
Wynn - But muhhh due process

Offline audidave

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #13935 on: February 19, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »
Trump could not go 3 days without playing golf so soon after a tragedy.  Apparently this is another thing he complained about Obama doing. 98 days of golfing in his presidency. Iím not really complaining since it keeps him occupied.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13936 on: February 20, 2018, 12:35:56 AM »
Cuba Alarmed By Presence Of Russian Client State Only 90 Miles Away
http://www.breakingburgh.com/cuba-greatly-concerned-presence-russian-client-state-90-miles-away/

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13937 on: February 20, 2018, 01:06:23 AM »

Offline freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13938 on: February 20, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
Executive Time is going quite well this morning.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13939 on: February 20, 2018, 08:55:45 AM »
Executive Time is going quite well this morning.

The last 3-4 days of tweets has me believing one thing - Don Jr. was indicted.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13940 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
"I don't watch much TV."

>routinely tweets AT CABLE TV SHOWS.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13941 on: February 20, 2018, 09:28:08 AM »
Hahaha good lord, he can't even get proper spelling/grammar in those tweets....the babysitter has vacated his post this morning.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13942 on: February 20, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
This is going to be one of those tweets that don't age well. Wait until Romney primaries him... https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965773283554668544

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13943 on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:47 AM »
@MittRomney
If Trump had said 4 years ago the things he says today about the KKK, Muslims, Mexicans, disabled, I would NOT have accepted his endorsement

2:13 PM - Mar 3, 2016

Mitt can't even hold the line for TWO MEASLY YEARS.  What a joke.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #13944 on: February 20, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »
There's only one possible explanation for the Romney endorsement- Romney must have done something awful to a woman somewhere.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13945 on: February 20, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
There's only one possible explanation for the Romney endorsement- Romney must have done something awful to a woman somewhere.

I was going to say "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"

I firmly believe Mitt will not sit there and be cool as a rank and file Senator. He's going to be Jeff Flake with ACTUAL support in his home state. Don't be surprised to see a primary challenge.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13946 on: February 20, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Jeff Flake is in line with Trump 86% of the time.  I mean, he was promised a DACA vote in January (didn't get it until Feb.) and voted for the tax bill because of it.

Mitt has rolled over if he's already touting a Trump endorsement after criticizing him for the last 2+ years.  Just another unprincipled conservative.

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13947 on: February 20, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »
I had a dream about Trump last night.  Here is an account I sent via email to some people who I knew would get a chuckle out of it:

I had a dream where I had a low-level job in the Trump White House.  What exactly that job was was unclear.  I never saw Trump, but I did have a desk in his office, albeit not the oval office.  The office was rectilinear but definitely in the White House.  I was walking back into this office and saw that some Windows screens were up on Trump's computer.  I just went over to close them and a secret service guy told me to get off the computer and he closed them, but not before reading what was on the screen, which was a Yahoo email account where Trump had apparently been reading emails where I was ripping on him.  The secret service guy tried to hide a laugh as he read my email, but I was wondering which email he was reading.   

Then the dream shifted completely to a lawn in a courtyard surrounded by the White House and ancillary buildings.  Suddenly I had a snare drum but it was unclear as to what or when I was supposed to play it.  Some dignitaries came into the courtyard and a military snare drummer appeared who was damn good.  So I didn't know what to do and kind of stood over by the bushes with the snare drum I had.  I think I got away without drumming almost at all, except I did drum very briefly and I sucked.   

Later, I was at a wood-paneled restaurant during daylight hours with all of the people who had been in the courtyard.  I didn't know any of them and I didn't want to be there. After that late lunch, the dream was over. 

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13948 on: February 20, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-20/skadden-arps-lawyer-is-charged-with-role-in-u-s-russia-probe

U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller intensified legal pressure on ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, by filing a false-statements case against a lawyer who did Ukraine-related work with the two men.

Mueller making moves.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #13949 on: February 20, 2018, 01:32:38 PM »
The Russia probe is totally a witch hunt that Obama should have done something about!!!!!11!1!

Pick one or the other, Trump(ies).