PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 95085 times)

Offline YABO713

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #11850 on: December 05, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

More Fake News:

White House: Mueller has not subpoenaed Trump’s bank records

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363383-white-house-mueller-has-not-subpoenaed-trumps-bank-records

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday disputed reports that special counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed President Trump’s bank records.

“We confirmed that the news reports [that] the special counsel had subpoenaed financial records related to the president are completely false,” Sanders said during the daily press briefing...

Citing an anonymous and unidentified official, Reuters reported earlier Tuesday that Mueller’s team had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, where Trump is believed to have a line of credit and to have conducted tens of millions of dollars in transactions.

But Sanders said those reports are false and were another example of the news media getting something wrong in the frenzy to report on the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Every time I see a retraction like this one, Brian Ross's colossal screw up on Friday, etc. I lose a bit more respect for media establishments I once trusted and rarely questioned. Are they being lied to? Are they not doing their due diligence to verify tips? Are they completely fabricating stories?

Ram... you are aware that a bank cannot tell you when the Federal government has issued a subpoena for your banking records in a criminal investigation, right...

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11851 on: December 05, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/05/donald-trump-bank-records-handed-over-robert-mueller

Trump's personal banking information handed over to Robert Mueller

More Fake News:

White House: Mueller has not subpoenaed Trump’s bank records

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363383-white-house-mueller-has-not-subpoenaed-trumps-bank-records

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday disputed reports that special counsel Robert Mueller has subpoenaed President Trump’s bank records.

“We confirmed that the news reports [that] the special counsel had subpoenaed financial records related to the president are completely false,” Sanders said during the daily press briefing...

Citing an anonymous and unidentified official, Reuters reported earlier Tuesday that Mueller’s team had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, where Trump is believed to have a line of credit and to have conducted tens of millions of dollars in transactions.

But Sanders said those reports are false and were another example of the news media getting something wrong in the frenzy to report on the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Every time I see a retraction like this one, Brian Ross's colossal screw up on Friday, etc. I lose a bit more respect for media establishments I once trusted and rarely questioned. Are they being lied to? Are they not doing their due diligence to verify tips? Are they completely fabricating stories?

Ram... you are aware that a bank cannot tell you when the Federal government has issued a subpoena for your banking records in a criminal investigation, right...

I was gonna rope him in.  Oh well.

He doesn't seem to lose respect for this administration that's been caught in at least a lie a day though.  Weird.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11852 on: December 05, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
^^

There are now several believable, respectable sources (not anonymous ones that allegedly exist, mind you) on record stating no such subpoena was issued. The odds of this story being anything but fake news are quickly moving from slim toward none:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-deutsche-bank-sekulow/trump-lawyer-deutsche-bank-has-not-received-subpoena-for-trump-records-idUSKBN1DZ2WT

“We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false,” Sekulow told Reuters in a statement. “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.”

He confirmed the bank in question was Deutsche Bank.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #11853 on: December 05, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
News outlets independently confirming that Mueller subpoenaed Deutsche Bank:

ABC
WSJ
Reuters
Bloomberg

Fox News and Trump's attorney said it didn't happen.

Who do you believe?
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11854 on: December 05, 2017, 11:11:15 PM »
Making America Great Again...

U.S. trade gap soars as imports from China hit record high https://t.co/vrG4UADm75
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11855 on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »
Who doesn't like animals? Serial killers and sociopaths...

Trump thought it was "low class" for Pence to bring pets to VP residence: report https://t.co/kBiOJnDCTJ

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11856 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »
Trump's transportation secretary Elaine Chao advises women who experience sexual harassment to "let it go" http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363359-elaine-chao-advises-women-who-experience-sexual-harassment-to-let-it

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11857 on: December 06, 2017, 06:43:27 AM »
^^

There are now several believable, respectable sources (not anonymous ones that allegedly exist, mind you) on record stating no such subpoena was issued. The odds of this story being anything but fake news are quickly moving from slim toward none:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-deutsche-bank-sekulow/trump-lawyer-deutsche-bank-has-not-received-subpoena-for-trump-records-idUSKBN1DZ2WT

“We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false,” Sekulow told Reuters in a statement. “No subpoena has been issued or received. We have confirmed this with the bank and other sources.”

He confirmed the bank in question was Deutsche Bank.

Sekulow is the only one claiming anything.   Remember the bank cannot confirm a subpoena with the account holder or lawyers.   

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11858 on: December 06, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »
^ So you'll gladly believe, without any evidence, that someone from the bank knew of the alleged subpoenoa and alerted the press, but you won't believe that the president (the leader of the free world!) and his legal team were able to verify the accuracy of such an allegation? Or do you think the (hypothetical) leak was on Mueller's team? I'd like to think he runs a tighter ship than that, but it's certainly possible - after all, Mueller was counting on Peter Strzok, who got caught sending hate filled Trump tweets to his side piece (who also happened to be a coworker on the team).

In my opinion, like so many leaks before this one, this is either completely fabricated by the press or the press was lied to be an unverified source. This happens about once a week, and has since the early days of Trump's campaign. I'd even wager that about 1/3 of the "fake news" stories are purposely planted by Trump to make the media look foolish.

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11859 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »
^ So you'll gladly believe, without any evidence, that someone from the bank knew of the alleged subpoenoa and alerted the press, but you won't believe that the president (the leader of the free world!) and his legal team were able to verify the accuracy of such an allegation? Or do you think the (hypothetical) leak was on Mueller's team? I'd like to think he runs a tighter ship than that, but it's certainly possible - after all, Mueller was counting on Peter Strzok, who got caught sending hate filled Trump tweets to his side piece (who also happened to be a coworker on the team).

In my opinion, like so many leaks before this one, this is either completely fabricated by the press or the press was lied to be an unverified source. This happens about once a week, and has since the early days of Trump's campaign. I'd even wager that about 1/3 of the "fake news" stories are purposely planted by Trump to make the media look foolish.

Do you actually believe the president's team?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL)OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

If we go back to the beginning of the presidency it seems every story that had to do with Russia has turned out to be true.  They can cry fake news all they want but we now know that Gen Misha Flynn didn't call Kislyak to wish him a Merry Christmas. This is what the president's team expected us to believe.

NYT ran a story about multiple contacts with the campaign.  Everyone claimed fake news.  But we now know it's real news.  All you have to do is look back and see that these media reports are slowly being confirmed.  That's why the goal posts have moved from no contact to it's not illegal if the PResident does it.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:53:00 AM by freefourur »

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11860 on: December 06, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/938189809784446977

Ram believes these people.  LOL I feel so sad for him.

Offline YABO713

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #11861 on: December 06, 2017, 09:00:07 AM »

You think Trump is playing 4,654,239 dimensional chess when he's really in the egg toss at the special olympics.

You're right. There is no way to confirm the press's reliability at the moment. However, criminal subpoena information CANNOT be obtained by counsel for the defendant until open discovery after an indictment. So, there are three and only three possibilities:

1. The press is wrong and there was no subpoena.
2. The press is correct and there is a leak at Deutsche
3. There has already been an indictment issued to someone linked to the bank account and the leak came from someone on the legal team or within the White House.

Those are literally the only viable options, Ram. 

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11862 on: December 06, 2017, 11:39:23 AM »
https://crooked.com/article/trump-flynn-none-dare-call-collusion/

“Whether or not these actions amounted to a crime,” writes former FBI counterintelligence agent Asha Rangappa, “it was a coordinated, covert effort directly against the interests of the United States. It threw off what was likely a lot of planning and analyses and contingencies that various agencies had prepared. I think when we focus exclusively on the criminality aspect, we (continue to) miss how these efforts essentially aided and abetted a hostile foreign state who attacked our country. That is the big picture.”

If the story were to end where we are right now, with no further confessions or indictments or revelations, it would still amount to the biggest scandal in American political history. In the real world, Robert Mueller has flipped Flynn and allowed him to plea to (much) lesser crimes, most likely in exchange for incriminating evidence against Trump campaign and administration highers-up.

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11863 on: December 06, 2017, 01:16:11 PM »
Welp...Here's some more fake news

Flynn Said Russian Sanctions Would be ‘Ripped Up,’ Whistle-Blower Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/06/us/politics/michael-flynn-russia-sanctions-ripped-up-whistleblower.html

This must be fake because the honest people in the WH have repeatedly told us "no contacts - no nothing"

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11864 on: December 06, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/12/05/lgbt-and-black-reporters-left-off-white-house-christmas-party-guest-list-for-first-time-in-years/1/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=ETFB&utm_campaign=portal&utm_content=inf_17_60_2&tse_id=INF_c87df850da7f11e7b926579f881108d6

LGBT and black reporters left off White House Christmas party guest list for first time in years

The Trump White House has excluded LGBT and black reporters from its annual media Christmas party.
It is the first time since President George W. Bush that LGBT reporters have been left off the invite list, and the first time in 20 years that black groups have been excluded. 

Ah yes, there he is...DJT, champion of the LGBT community we were told.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11865 on: December 06, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/12/05/lgbt-and-black-reporters-left-off-white-house-christmas-party-guest-list-for-first-time-in-years/1/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=ETFB&utm_campaign=portal&utm_content=inf_17_60_2&tse_id=INF_c87df850da7f11e7b926579f881108d6

LGBT and black reporters left off White House Christmas party guest list for first time in years

The Trump White House has excluded LGBT and black reporters from its annual media Christmas party.
It is the first time since President George W. Bush that LGBT reporters have been left off the invite list, and the first time in 20 years that black groups have been excluded. 

Ah yes, there he is...DJT, champion of the LGBT community we were told.
the report you cite includes exactly one LGBT reporter and one black reporter who have not been invited, yet the implication of the headline, as well as your post, suggests all reporters in those groups have been banned from the party. Just clarifying.

Offline 327

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11866 on: December 06, 2017, 02:42:26 PM »
^ Did you get an invite?  I didn't.  That means we're effectively banned from the party.  That's how invites work.

Offline eastvillagedon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11867 on: December 06, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
lol

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11868 on: December 06, 2017, 02:59:14 PM »
^ "White males left off White House Christmas party guest list for first time in years"

Offline Hootenany

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11869 on: December 06, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »
^Imagine for a minute if Obama had ONLY invited black and LGBT reporters to this event. 

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11870 on: December 06, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »
This included April Ryan who had been previously invited for the last 20 years.

Chris Johnson, chief political and White House reporter for the Washington Blade, received numerous invites under the Obama administration and was an attendee to the annual event for the last seven years. Johnson told Politico he contacted the White House to ask about this year’s invitation but his query went unanswered.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11871 on: December 07, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »
"We're prepared for derailment -- temporary, I hope. Pretty sure it will be temporary," said a senior White House official, who acknowledged that the President's peace team has not spoken with furious Palestinian officials since the Trump's announcement.

We're going with "PRETTY SURE" now?  JFC.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/politics/jerusalem-peace-process-white-house/index.html

White House officials: Jerusalem decision could hurt peace process

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11872 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »
Donald Trump Jr. would not tell House investigators Wednesday what he and his father discussed after reports surfaced about a June 2016 meeting he had in Trump Tower with Russians, citing attorney-client privilege.

That's...not how attorney-client privilege works, Donnie.

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11873 on: December 07, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
It's pretty obvious why Jr. won't discuss the communication with his father.  Daddy wrote the initial response to the NYT story before he knew that they had the email.  By writing a lie, he is obstructing justice.  It's always the cover up.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11874 on: December 07, 2017, 09:19:43 AM »
^ The president cannot obstruct justice.

^^^ Presidents have been signing a waiver to delay the embassy move every 6 months since the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 (overwhelmingly passed by both houses despite Clinton's objection) ordered the relocation. It's about time a president grew a spine and let it go forward.

I do find it interesting how much of the mainstream media is painting this as a shocking and ill advised maneuver. It was a Trump campaign promise (granted, we aren't used to politicians actually following through with those), and was ordered by Congress over 20 years ago.  It's a small step for America, in favor of one of our greatest allies.

Offline freefourur

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #11875 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Look at Clinton's articles of impeachment and the ones drafted for Nixon.  Then turn off Info Wars and learn something.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11876 on: December 07, 2017, 09:30:42 AM »

The acting Attorney General disagrees.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/04/jeff-sessions-president-obstruct-justice-bill-clinton-278517

“The facts are disturbing and compelling on the President's intent to obstruct justice,” he said, according to remarks in the congressional record.

Sessions isn’t alone. More than 40 current GOP members of Congress voted for the impeachment or removal of Clinton from office for obstruction of justice. They include Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell – who mounted his own passionate appeal to remove Clinton from office for obstruction of justice – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, who was a House member at the time.

“The chief law officer of the land, whose oath of office calls on him to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, crossed the line and failed to defend the law, and, in fact, attacked the law and the rights of a fellow citizen,” Sessions said during Clinton’s trial in the Senate, two months after he was impeached by the House. “Under our Constitution, equal justice requires that he forfeit his office.”

That obstruction began, he said, when Clinton lied to the courts under oath and worked to influence witnesses, including Lewinsky.

Hmm influencing a witness...like...threatening them about recorded conversations before they're set to testify to Congress?  Hmmm.

The president intentionally lied to aides in an effort to have them mislead the public and the grand jury,” Sessions went on. “This is to me a clear pattern of obstruction of justice.”

McConnell also laid out the legal case that obstruction of justice is a “high crime” that would warrant removal from office.

“I am completely and utterly perplexed by those who argue that perjury and obstruction of justice are not high crimes and misdemeanors,” he said.

Sessions once more:

“Of course, none of us are perfect and we often fail in our personal affairs, but when it comes to going to court, and it comes to our justice system, a great nation must insist on honesty and lawfulness,” he said. “Our country must insist upon that for every citizen.”

The GOP has already laid out the case that the President CAN obstruct justice.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11877 on: December 07, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »
President Trump's press secretary said her boss would have no problem with businesses hanging antigay signs that explicitly state they don't serve LGBT customers.

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/12/05/sarah-sanders-trump-ok-businesses-hanging-antigay-signs

What ****ing century are we in??

The White House is now endorsing, publicly, discriminatory business practices.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #11878 on: December 07, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
https://shareblue.com/trump-ends-homeless-vets-program-as-their-numbers-rise-for-first-time-in-7-years/

Four days after Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin held a big Washington event to tout the Trump administration’s promise to house all homeless vets, the agency did an about-face, telling advocates it was pulling resources from a major housing program.

The VA said it was essentially ending a special $460 million program that has dramatically reduced homelessness among chronically sick and vulnerable veterans.

To make matters even worse, a report released earlier today shows that the population of homeless veterans increased in 2017 — the first time it has done so in seven years.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #11879 on: December 07, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »
I'm personally worried about Trump's health. Is he physically and mentally fit to lead the country?