PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Terrorism / Mass Shootings  (Read 6551 times)

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Terrorism / Mass Shootings
« Reply #690 on: April 13, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
Yes, as are some incidents of domestic violence wrought by people claiming to be Muslims, yet the Christians are quick to call them as "islamic terrorists."

Perhaps, but a Muslim committing DV doesn't normally yell "Aloha Snackbar".

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #691 on: April 13, 2017, 09:55:34 PM »
Not following...
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #692 on: April 14, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »
I knew he was black.  I didn't know he was a pastor based of the extremely light media coverage.  I also don't know of any cause he was carrying out, but why do it in a school in front of children ?  If he was indeed a pastor, makes you wonder if there was some intent to 'teach' a lesson about sin. 

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #693 on: April 14, 2017, 07:14:26 AM »
I knew he was black.  I didn't know he was a pastor based of the extremely light media coverage.  I also don't know of any cause he was carrying out, but why do it in a school in front of children ?  If he was indeed a pastor, makes you wonder if there was some intent to 'teach' a lesson about sin. 

It's where his wife worked and he knew her schedule.  I doubt "lessons about sin" had any more to do with it than "gun free zone".

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #694 on: April 14, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »
^doubtful. This guy was too far gone to make much of a calculated decision regarding his own safety, which he didn't care about anyways as evidenced by his suicide. There is evidence that he had accused his wife of infidelity and the end result is th we students were terrorized.... So that's at least two pieces to a puzzle which will never be solved (absent him leaving behind a note)

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #695 on: April 16, 2017, 10:55:37 AM »
^doubtful. This guy was too far gone to make much of a calculated decision regarding his own safety, which he didn't care about anyways as evidenced by his suicide.

Exactly, he didn't care.  So his lack of a good decision is meaningless.   

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #696 on: April 18, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
Terrorism it is.

"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #697 on: April 18, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »
Three Dead in Fresno Shooting Spree, Suspect in Custody

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-dead-fresno-shooting-spree-suspect-custody-n747996

Three people were shot to death in less than a minute at separate locations Tuesday in Fresno, California, authorities said. A fugitive wanted in a previous homicide was arrested at the scene.

The man, identified as Kori Ali Muhammad, 39, who investigators said used the alias "Black Jesus," was arrested and was being held awaiting at least four counts of murder, Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer told reporters...

While the gunman yelled "Allahu Akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic) during the incident, it was too early to say whether terrorism was a factor, Dyer said.

Muhammad is black, and all of Tuesday's victims were white, Dyer, said. Social media accounts linked to Muhammad expressed anti-white and anti-government sentiments, Dyer said.

"This was a random act of violence," Dyer said. "These were unprovoked attacks by an individual who was intent on carrying out homicides today."

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #698 on: April 18, 2017, 05:17:40 PM »
^ wait...isn't this just racism/hate crime using the conservative snowflake definition...

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #699 on: April 20, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »
ISIS launched an attack in Paris, just days before the French presidential election:

PARIS SHOOTING Paris shooting leaves one policeman dead and ‘two seriously injured’ as ‘ISIS terrorists armed with AK47s’ open fire on the Champs-Élysée in Paris

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3376910/paris-shooting-terror-attack-champs-elysees/

Dramatic video captures French police shooting dead ISIS terrorist who killed officer and wounded two others in AK-47 ambush on the Champs Elysees as manhunt launched for SECOND extremist - just days before French presidential election

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4429938/Major-road-Paris-closed-police.html

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #700 on: April 21, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »
^I wonder who they want to win

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #701 on: April 21, 2017, 07:43:04 AM »
Bombing of Borussia Dortmund Bus Targeted Club’s Stock, Prosecutors Say

BERLIN — Germany’s elite antiterrorism unit has arrested a 28-year-old German-Russian man who is suspected of trying to blow up the Borussia Dortmund team bus, with the apparent aim of driving down the price of the club’s stock so he could profit through a speculation scheme, federal prosecutors said Friday.

The suspect, identified only as Sergei W. in keeping with German privacy laws, was charged with attempted murder, inflicting serious bodily harm and carrying out an explosion in the attack, whichwounded one player and one police officer.

His arrest represented the clearest explanation to date of the motive for an attack that has been attributed at various times to Islamist extremists and right-wing and left-wing political groups, and has added to election-year fears that Germany is vulnerable to terrorism.

According to prosecutors, the suspect had checked into the hotel where the team was staying. On the day of the attack, he purchased 15,000 put options over the internet for shares in Borussia Dortmund, which is publicly traded. These would have entitled him to sell shares later at a predetermined price.

The financial maneuver could have resulted in a substantial profit for the suspect if the shares had undergone a “massive fall” value in the interim, prosecutors said. “A significant share price drop could have been expected if a player had been seriously injured or even killed as a result of the attack,” they said.

Offline Old AmrapinVA

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #702 on: April 21, 2017, 08:16:52 AM »
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=56547#.WPoDrP51qM8

'Alarming' rise in use of children in 'suicide' attacks by Boko Haram in Lake Chad region – UNICEF

12 April 2017 – The use of children, particularly girls, by the Boko Haram terrorist group in violent attacks in the Lake Chad region has seen an “alarming” surge in 2017, the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) has reported.

According to the UNICEF report, Silent Shame: Bringing out the voices of children caught in the Lake Chad crisis, 27 children have been used to carry out bomb attacks in public places across Nigeria, Chad, Niger and Cameroon in the first quarter of this year. During the same period last year, the number was nine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-19/islamic-state-nears-egypt-tourism-hub-with-south-sinai-attack

Islamic State Nears Egypt Tourism Hub With South Sinai Attack

The Islamic State’s Egyptian affiliate claimed responsibility for an attack on a police checkpoint near St. Catherine’s Monastery in south Sinai, the latest strike by the group against Egypt’s Coptic Christian minority and the country’s vital tourism industry.

One policeman was killed and three others were wounded when militants opened fire at the checkpoint, the Interior Ministry said in a statement late Tuesday. Several militants were also injured in the shootout. The Islamic State claim was reported by SITE Intel Group, which monitors jihadist channels on social media.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:11:02 AM by AmrapinVA »

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #703 on: April 21, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »
ISIS launched an attack in Paris, just days before the French presidential election:

PARIS SHOOTING Paris shooting leaves one policeman dead and ‘two seriously injured’ as ‘ISIS terrorists armed with AK47s’ open fire on the Champs-Élysée in Paris

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3376910/paris-shooting-terror-attack-champs-elysees/

Dramatic video captures French police shooting dead ISIS terrorist who killed officer and wounded two others in AK-47 ambush on the Champs Elysees as manhunt launched for SECOND extremist - just days before French presidential election

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4429938/Major-road-Paris-closed-police.html

The good news is this kind of incident would never happen here in 'Merica where every other person is a law-abiding concealed carry guru waiting to save the world. 

Also nice to see--the police in Paris still wear police uniforms.   Here in the USA, they would have been delayed by 30 minutes to all run to the station and change into their woodland camo fatigues. 

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #704 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
^^ How is that bus bomb terrorism? it was an attempt to make money.  The only relevance to this thread is that people had thought it might have been terrorism, but it seems it wasn't, so I guess that's good to know.

This is a good example of why the two separate threads made sense, by the way. The Paris attack yesterday was part of a coordinated, ongoing wave of terrorism perpetuated by radical Islamists against the western world. That's a different topic then some random guy trying to manipulate stock prices.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #705 on: April 21, 2017, 08:48:42 AM »
^ I don't care enough to argue the definition of terrorism with you. It's a relevant development in a terrorism investigation.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #706 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
If you're a Radical Islamic Terrorist this might be the worst way to go:

Wild boars overrun Islamic State position, kill 3 militants

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/04/25/wild-boars-overrun-islamic-state-position-kill-3-militants/100876844/

Three Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told The Times of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

For an extra level of irony, check out the author's name.

Offline Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »
There you go--we insert wild boars by the pallet load there and turn them loose.  No boots on the ground, but plenty of hooves!

Offline Hootenany

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #708 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37:55 AM »
^^Is it just me or does this story reek of propaganda?  Don't get me wrong, it's a great story and I can see why USA Today published it (and had Mr. Bacon write it), but it wasn't exactly independently verified now was it...

Online TBideon

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #709 on: April 27, 2017, 07:25:13 PM »
https://bigstory.ap.org/article/2150816867454c288d74b212acdeac4e/belgium-sorry-it-helped-get-saudi-arabia-un-rights-panel

Belgium sorry it helped get Saudi Arabia on UN rights panel

In a year of unbelievably ass-backwards, self-sabatoging decisions globally, this is up there.

Offline Foraker

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #710 on: April 28, 2017, 04:23:41 PM »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #711 on: April 28, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
A Trump Supporter Allegedly Attacked Students At A Kentucky University With A Machete
The suspect, who once wrote a BuzzFeed post about conservatives being discriminated against on liberal campuses, reportedly asked students about their political affiliations as he attacked them.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/a-trump-supporter-allegedly-attacked-students-at-a-school?utm_term=.cmm2D37Z6#.ldYrXWMpb
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:04 PM »
^ Seems like a mean guy, I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

Meanwhile, a Radical Islamic Terror attack that claimed 140 lives this week snuck under the radar of American media. The NY Times had this article on page 37 or so:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/world/asia/taliban-afghanistan-military-base-soldiers-killed.html?_r=0

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2017, 10:26:13 PM »
When they get close to the millions of Muslims slaughtered by American soldiers, let me know.

Offline Hts121

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #714 on: April 29, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »
"Meanwhile".... haha

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #715 on: May 16, 2017, 12:33:30 PM »
They hate the US government, and they're multiplying: the terrifying rise of 'sovereign citizens'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/15/sovereign-citizens-rightwing-terrorism-hate-us-government?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Offline MGM

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #716 on: May 23, 2017, 06:51:38 AM »
Manchester Arena Suicide Bombing: 22 Die at Ariana Grande Concert

MANCHESTER, England — Children were among 22 people killed in a suicide attack after an Ariana Grande concert at Britain's Manchester Arena, police said early Tuesday.

The bomber also died when he detonated an improvised explosive device near one of the venue's exits at 10:33 p.m. local time (5:33 p.m. ET) on Monday, according to authorities.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths-injuries-confirmed-after-explosions-heard-u-k-concert-featuring-n763286

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #717 on: May 23, 2017, 07:22:12 AM »
^ Given who the main demographic is at an Ariana Grande concert (tween girls), this terrorist seems to have purposefully targeted children.

Indiscriminate mass murders like this one shouldn't be accepted as the new normal.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:22:33 AM by Ram23 »

Offline MGM

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #718 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:57 AM »
^ Given who the main demographic is at an Ariana Grande concert (tween girls), this terrorist seems to have purposefully targeted children.

Indiscriminate mass murders like this one shouldn't be accepted as the new normal.
Very cold blooded and evil. I hope the injured in the hospitals all make a full recovery.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #719 on: May 23, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
Tomorrow's terrorists.....

TRUMP EFFECT INSPIRES RADICAL CHRISTIANS IN MILITARY
http://www.newsweek.com/christian-fundamentalists-us-armed-forces-national-security-threat-613428