PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Downtown: Stark's nuCLEus  (Read 12855 times)

Mwd711 and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Cleveland

• Huntington Tower 330'
Re: Cleveland: Stark's nuCLEus development
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »
Holy Crap that was fast!

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »
Too bad Stark couldn't have had American Greetings as a part of this development instead of luring them to Westlake.

American Greetings had no interest in being downtown.

And Lebron's not coming back, and the RNC is going to Dallas, and we will never add hundreds of new residences/hotels etc.
This is New Cleveland...all things are possible...

Yes, they are. But American Greetings wanted to be downtown as much as Eaton did. Or Ferro. Downtown isn't for everyone and that's OK. We'll gladly take the ones who do want to be here.

Considering that downtown has Northeast Ohio's highest rents (for residential) and its lowest vacancies, the market continues to absorb tenants for projects like The 9 and hopefully new-construction projects nuCLEus too.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline DM4

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2014, 06:58:04 AM »
^ I thought University Circle had the highest rents, followed by Beachwood, and then Downtown.

Online jjames0408

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:06 AM »
^ I thought University Circle had the highest rents, followed by Beachwood, and then Downtown.
While I'm sure it would be better for your theories if that were true...it changed in 2013.  From a KJP post..."Interesting.This 2013 apartment market analysis report for Greater Cleveland shows that the apartment submarket with the highest rents and lowest vacancy rates is "Central Cleveland."

http://www.mimginvestment.com/documents/resources/Cleveland_4Q13Apt.pdf

Submarket Vacancy Ranking

Vacancy     Y-O-Y Basis      Effective        Y-O-Y
Rank Submarket                                      Rate     Point Change       Rents       % Change
 1 Central Cleveland                                2.5%             80           $1,058             0.8%
 2 Lake County                                        3.0%               0              $743             6.3%
 3 Westlake/North Olmsted/Lorain Cnty  3.6%             50              $833             0.7%
 4 Parma/Middleburg Heights                   3.9%              0              $736              2.5%
 5 Strongsville/North Royalton/Medina     4.0%          240              $785              2.1%
 6 West Cleveland                                    4.7%          270              $702              0.4%
 7 East Cleveland                                     5.1%            90              $831              3.2%
 8 Beachwood/Mayfield                             5.3%         280              $926              5.9%
 9 Euclid                                                    7.0%         -90               $631            12.3%
10 Southeast Cleveland                           8.2%         470              $724               4.0%

###"

Read more: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,24830.805.html#ixzz3A5aBxvGZ
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:32:02 AM by jjames0408 »

Offline mrnyc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
so outside of the club its mostly that parking lot and garage? in that case, it looks like all systems are go for it.

at the very minimum its so nice to see a damn parking lot redeveloped for more appropriate city use again. of course its so much more than that. it will also be great to see stark really come through on downtown. i know he has been itching to for a long time. its like practice for the warehouse district lots.

Offline DM4

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
While I'm sure it would be better for your theories if that were true...it changed in 2013.  From a KJP post..."Interesting.This 2013 apartment market analysis report for Greater Cleveland shows that the apartment submarket with the highest rents and lowest vacancy rates is "Central Cleveland."

http://www.mimginvestment.com/documents/resources/Cleveland_4Q13Apt.pdf

Submarket Vacancy Ranking

Vacancy     Y-O-Y Basis      Effective        Y-O-Y
Rank Submarket                                      Rate     Point Change       Rents       % Change
 1 Central Cleveland                                2.5%             80           $1,058             0.8%
 2 Lake County                                        3.0%               0              $743             6.3%
 3 Westlake/North Olmsted/Lorain Cnty  3.6%             50              $833             0.7%
 4 Parma/Middleburg Heights                   3.9%              0              $736              2.5%
 5 Strongsville/North Royalton/Medina     4.0%          240              $785              2.1%
 6 West Cleveland                                    4.7%          270              $702              0.4%
 7 East Cleveland                                     5.1%            90              $831              3.2%
 8 Beachwood/Mayfield                             5.3%         280              $926              5.9%
 9 Euclid                                                    7.0%         -90               $631            12.3%
10 Southeast Cleveland                           8.2%         470              $724               4.0%

###"

Read more: http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,24830.805.html#ixzz3A5aBxvGZ

Im not quite sure what you are talking about, but I was just remembering what was stated in an article about uptown awhile ago. And Central Cleveland probably includes University Circle and other neighborhoods since those markets do not show up on that list anywhere. The list I found is older, from 2011 and has Beachwood at the top followed by Downtown/Flats. University Circle is not included on the list but is mentioned that the rents would be the highest in the region.

Offline DM4

• Rhodes Tower 629'
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
Ill have a hard time calling this project nuCLEus, but i'm extremely excited for this project.  Stark definitely is a man with connections, so if this project actually happens, I think we might finally see retail back downtown! Our other developers do a good job with projects, but don't seem to have the same connections Stark has. This could be a game changer for downtown if done correctly.

Offline sky

• One SeaGate 411'
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: Stark's nuCLEus development
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »
 This is just speculation, but he must have a big anchor tenant who is interested in the site.  I wonder if there's any chance American Greetings will ditch the boring suburbs and consider this site.

Offline gotribe

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »
This is just speculation, but he must have a big anchor tenant who is interested in the site.  I wonder if there's any chance American Greetings will ditch the boring suburbs and consider this site.
They're already planning on moving into a Stark development.

Offline clvlndr

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
They're already planning on moving into a Stark development.

Getting a major corp like AG downtown would be a huge plus considering (if we're to believe reports) they almost departed from the Cleveland region entirely.

Online StapHanger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »
Not sure how much we can read into the exact language, but Michelle's Cleveland.com piece implied that office space wasn't necessarily a key component of this project.  Didn't sound to me like an anchor office tenant was really driving this.

Offline gotribe

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »
If Stark needs an anchor, it's going to come in the form of a retail portfolio for this project.  An anchor retailer with commitments from some smaller ones.  The apartments aren't much of a risk in Cleveland, depending on the price point. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:35:39 AM by gotribe »

Offline jeremyck01

• Key Tower 947'
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »

Can we nip this ridiculous and pointless speculation in the bud already?  This issue has been covered over and over in other threads.  AG is going into the Stark development at Crocker Park.  Period.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:08:19 PM by jeremyck01 »

Offline jborger

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
Is downtown population at a point yet where a significant national retailer could be lured to this project?

Offline punch

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
I wouldn't complain if the mix of offices and retail were similar to Eaton Collection. 
What I do expect is national chain restaurants like Maggiano's, or PappaDeaux to be part of the mix.

What would be nice is if Trader Joe's, who is at both Eaton and Crocker Park, were part of the mix

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »
Is downtown population at a point yet where a significant national retailer could be lured to this project?

I expect a national retailer, if different from what's at Steelyard, would draw from beyond downtown. If so, it would simultaneously bolster more residential development downtown (and nearby) as I think Heinen's has done for nuCLEus and some of the more recently proposed office building conversions. This is how a housing/retail market is ratcheted upward.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Offline eyehrtfood

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2014, 11:34:29 PM »
Appears the Stark folks just added the below nuCLEus brochure (dated 9/2014) onto their site. It adds some additional details - including the "laneways" concept - into the mix. Interesting..

Find the brochure download on the left side of this page: http://starkenterprises.com/properties/nucleus/

"nuCLEus will introduce laneways to downtown Cleveland, a unique form of urban place making originating in Melbourne, Australia. The laneway at nuCLEus will be a tight intimate space that offers al fresco eateries, one-off shops and cozy little bars, all nestled side-by-side in a unique alley setting with its own individual character and charm."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:43:22 PM by eyehrtfood »

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2014, 05:31:00 AM »
Appears the Stark folks just added the below nuCLEus brochure (dated 9/2014) onto their site. It adds some additional details - including the "laneways" concept - into the mix. Interesting..

Find the brochure download on the left side of this page: http://starkenterprises.com/properties/nucleus/

"nuCLEus will introduce laneways to downtown Cleveland, a unique form of urban place making originating in Melbourne, Australia. The laneway at nuCLEus will be a tight intimate space that offers al fresco eateries, one-off shops and cozy little bars, all nestled side-by-side in a unique alley setting with its own individual character and charm."

The Laneway concept will be a big hit here. It's just what downtown needs more of.

Offline Confiteordeo

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2014, 05:43:25 AM »

Am I seeing things, or does page 9 of the brochure show a tower on 515 Euclid?

Offline musky

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • "Where there is no vision, the people perish..."
    • FB
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2014, 07:32:27 AM »
I'm seeing the same thing

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2014, 07:42:19 AM »
Any guesses on height?  I realize its just a conceptual placeholder but it does look quite tall. 

Online jjames0408

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2014, 08:08:07 AM »
Any guesses on height?  I realize its just a conceptual placeholder but it does look quite tall. 
I'd guess mid-200's.

Offline Clefan98

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2014, 08:10:27 AM »
I'd guess mid-200's.

Are you referring to the grey/light blue/neon green structure? 

Offline Loretto

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
ATT Huron Road is 365ft*, so it's a bit more than that. (*Wikipedia)

Online jjames0408

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »
I'd guess mid-200's.

Are you referring to the grey/light blue/neon green structure? 
I assumed the question was directed to 515 Euclid. I believe I guessed 380 a page or two back for the taller Nucleus building.

Offline Niko

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
Interesting that the picture on stark's site shows the May Co. building as a public parking garage.  I didn't think that was confirmed.

Offline gotribe

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2014, 09:42:58 AM »
The original image a month or so back showed a completed 515 structure also.  He may have received an option to develop this also.

Offline w28th

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »
If Ohio Bell is 365', the new tower on Huron is closer to 450' as shown.

Offline w28th

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
Would be nice to eventually fill in that lot where the Hippodrome was on Euclid, and then on the Prospect side.  That would eliminate almost every empty lot between Public Square to Playhouse Square in the currently defined density of Downtown (only the lot across from Calfee, the one next to the Union Club and a few small one would remain).  Hey Stark, pick all those up too...

Offline deanhorn

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
It looks at least 450' and maybe even as tall as the Erieview (529').  Another five hundred footer would be nice!