Author Topic: Cleveland: Little Italy: Development and News  (Read 38095 times)

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland: Little Italy: Development and News
« Reply #870 on: July 25, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »
Welp, no further land clearing has occurred since I took the pictures posted above. Please don't tell me that a restraining order has been filed.
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #871 on: July 25, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
^Actually there was a lawsuit requesting a TRO filed by CEI.  However the suit was filed in February of this year and was just settled and dismissed in July (which probably prompted  the recent land clearing).  It involved CEI poles and wires on the property.  Maybe they ran into problems with them again as the clearing commenced.  I just happened to drive up Mayfield today and noticed the same thing.  No action since the pics you took last week.

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #872 on: August 07, 2018, 11:30:01 AM »
Does anybody know if the lot clearing for the Perotti project has re-commenced and if not what the problem is?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #873 on: August 07, 2018, 11:42:17 AM »
I passed through Little Italy on Friday and saw no progress. I checked the county court dockets but found nothing active, including against the new property owner, Mayfield Station LLC. It purchased the property from the trust of Constance Perotti on June 14, 2018. The Perotti's had owned the property since 1999.

EDIT: I just found this on Dimit's website, posted yesterday. Looks like they cleared it just enough to do a groundbreaking ceremony. We'll find out soon...

http://www.dimitarchitects.com/mayfield-station-groundbreaking/

Mayfield Station Groundbreaking
On July 31st 2018, Perotti Co. hosted a groundbreaking for the Mayfield Station apartment project in Cleveland’s Little Italy neighborhood. Speakers included Tim Perotti and Cleveland City Councilman Blaine Griffin.

Mayfield Station will be a five-story, 40-unit transit-oriented apartment complex near Case Western University and the Uptown District. The development will increase the residential density of the neighborhood while minimizing the need for parking due to close proximity to a Greater Cleveland RTA Rapid Transit station.

Read more about Mayfield Station
http://www.dimitarchitects.com/mayfield-station/

More pics at the links above....

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:16:31 PM by KJP »
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #874 on: August 07, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
KJP you are like a fountain of information  8)

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #875 on: August 07, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
Even with the ground breaking I imagine nothing will happen until the Feast is over.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #876 on: August 07, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »
KJP you are like a fountain of information  8)

Nah, I'm just good at finding sh!t.

Even with the ground breaking I imagine nothing will happen until the Feast is over.

I think that's a very reasonable assumption. They may clear more vegetation between now and then. But I am confused why they didn't clear more for the groundbreaking. It's not that big of a lot.

Offline lafont

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #877 on: August 07, 2018, 12:30:00 PM »
I'm very pleased, because some people in the enormous crowd expected for the Feast will notice still another project is started in Little Italy.  A good sign would help, too, so everyone can see it until completion.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #878 on: August 07, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
^^^^So are we just not going to acknowledge the A+ sport coat game in that bottom pic?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #879 on: August 07, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »
^^^^So are we just not going to acknowledge the A+ sport coat game in that bottom pic?

I'm in no position to comment on other people's fashion sense.

Offline Down_with_Ctown

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #880 on: August 07, 2018, 12:55:50 PM »
A lot to be excited about here, but is the scale (5 stories, 40 units) just a little bit disappointing given the few parcels that are left to develop along Mayfield Road in Little Italy?  Many years ago, the plan was for a 10-story condo tower (Mayfield Lofts,iirc?) and that was before the RTA station came to fruition.  You only get one chance to develop the parcel directly adjacent to the rapid station and this seems a little lacking in ambition.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone here have any idea what the situation is with the old Mayfield theater on the other side of the street right next to the La Collina project?  It's been abandoned my entire lifetime and it will probably never be feasible to operate as a theater but it is an otherwise empty parcel sitting on valuable Mayfield Road frontage.  Perhaps the exterior could be preserved and the interior put to some new use?  Like retail or restaurants?

Offline imjustinjk

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:07 PM »
From the train station today:

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
Yay! Progress, finally!! Guess that small clearing was for the groundbreaking after all.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #883 on: August 19, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
A few development photos from the Feast...

Mayfield Lofts is just starting construction, just east of the RTA station

Quattro Condos nearing completion on the other side of Tony Brush Park playground from the RTA station. Condos are selling for $700,000+

View from Guarino's at the new La Collina apartments, "La Collina" = "The Hill"

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #884 on: August 24, 2018, 06:15:29 PM »
Proposed by WXZ Development Incorp. are three new townhouses, ranging in size from 2,309 sf to 2,975 sf and each 45 feet tall on a vacant lot spread across these three addresses....
Calendar No. 18-184: 1977 East 126 St. Ward 6
Calendar No. 18-186: 1979 East 126 St. Ward 6
Calendar No. 18-185: 1981 East 126 St. Ward 6

They are on BZA's Sept. 4 docket:
http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/bza/agenda/2018/crr09-04-2018.pdf

The vacant lot:

Offline Htsguy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #885 on: August 24, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
^A couple of weeks ago I was driving down Mayfield and saw a sign on the side of the Primo Vino building read Via 126 with an arrow pointing down the street and was confused.  This development, (the three very large single family houses) is apparently what the sign was referencing.

The reason I am confused is I believe XYZ is suppose to build condos on the site of the now closed Primo Vino and I thought that this was the Via126 project.  I wonder what the status of the Primo Vino condos is?

Offline Mendo

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #887 on: August 25, 2018, 02:57:21 AM »
Yuck

Offline buckeye1

« Reply #888 on: August 25, 2018, 08:08:37 AM »
Look like a 1970's era building from a community college campus.  No bueno.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #889 on: September 18, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
Although this is on the UC/Uptown side of the tracks, this new signage points the way to the new Little Italy station. World-class signage? You decide....

It's next to the Centric, now open for residential and retail occupancy....

OK. I know I'm getting "off track"....

So here's a nice little hole in the ground for the Mayfield Lofts, formerly known as the Mayfield Station apartments....

Offline imjustinjk

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #890 on: September 21, 2018, 11:56:16 AM »
Although this is on the UC/Uptown side of the tracks, this new signage points the way to the new Little Italy station. World-class signage? You decide....

It's next to the Centric, now open for residential and retail occupancy....

OK. I know I'm getting "off track"....

So here's a nice little hole in the ground for the Mayfield Lofts, formerly known as the Mayfield Station apartments....

I like the signage. I also really liked the name Mayfield Station more than Mayfield Lofts. Mayfield Lofts is so boring. Hopefully the momentum builds up and the giant parking lot next to the train line can be developed as well.

Offline mu2010

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #891 on: September 21, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »
I am a fan of the signage. I have not been over there since the feast so will need to go check it out.