Author Topic: Cleveland: One University Circle  (Read 19740 times)

Offline jmicha

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: One University Circle
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
Looks like pricing from $2.20/sf/month to $3.85/sf/month (I didn't check all of them so that might be slightly off). That's pretty pricey. I hope it does well since it helps with lending to have projects like this successful in Cleveland.

Offline MayDay

• Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Cleveland Skyscrapers
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2017, 10:04:06 AM »
View from Severance Hall last night.

Online MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »
Opening next month...One University Circle:

Full circle: One University Circle prepares to open its doors in April
KARIN CONNELLY RICE | THURSDAY, MARCH 08, 2018

Soaring 20 stories into the Cleveland skyline, One University Circle is almost ready for its close-up. In April, the building will welcome its first tenants as the neighborhood’s first high-rise apartment building community in more than 40 years.

When general contractor Panzica Construction prepared to break ground on the project in January 2016, University Circle Inc. president Chris Ronayne likened the project to similar apartments in New York’s Central Park and Chicago’s Millennium Park. To make it happen, University Circle, Inc. partnered with First Interstate Properties and Petros Development.

http://www.freshwatercleveland.com/features/OneUniversity030818.aspx

Offline NorthShore647

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #303 on: March 08, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »
View from near E118th down Euclid towards One University Circle (right edge of photo). Seeing a building with this height at the end of straight, dense section of Euclid is great. It helps demonstrate the effect a building on the Jacobs Public Square lot would have on downtown.

Offline tastybunns

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
I wouldn't say that this is a fair demonstration of Jacob's lot. This is more of a 515 Euclid or PHST deal... Its actually one of the more renaissance buildings of UC breaking the major height barrier. IF there were more density and more height in UC, I would definitely say that 1UC was a waste of space. So in my retrospect, no way is this project comparable to Jacob's lot.
There are still some HIGH hopes for that lot.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #305 on: March 08, 2018, 05:41:11 PM »
I know people haven't moved in yet... but...earlier articles mentioned a potential "Phase 2", which could include potential condos and office space.  Since this project has been delivered, I would consider even a potential phase 2 to be more than just talk.

..."And they aren't in a rush to tackle phase two, northwest of the tower.

First Interstate and Petros Development Corp. have just under an acre left to play with on the site, which they control through a long-term land lease with nonprofit neighborhood group University Circle, Inc. They're talking about more residential construction - including, possibly, condominiums - and exploring whether it makes sense to put offices on the lower floors of a second building.

"We're just not there yet," Mitchell Schneider said. He hopes to figure out the make-up of the next project next year, with the goal of breaking ground in 2019."

http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2017/10/one_university_circle_apartmen.html

Offline MyPhoneDead

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #306 on: March 09, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
I wish this had some sort of retail on the ground floor. This stretch could use this type of activity.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #307 on: March 09, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
I wish this had some sort of retail on the ground floor. This stretch could use this type of activity.

The new UC3 development across the street will hopefully rectify this.
"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline MyPhoneDead

« Reply #308 on: March 09, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »

The new UC3 development across the street will hopefully rectify this.
Hopefully because right next to this development is where UC begins to tail off a the Cleveland Clinic/Suburban effect takes hold. Interestingly enough if you really pay attention, UC is split into three areas; Arts, Medical and now Uptown. I feel like if we want to see the mixed used, Uptown style development, it's going to be east of Uptown under the bridge going toward Lakeview Cemetery.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2018, 05:58:54 PM »
Joshua Jones
‏@Josh_CLE
 7h7 hours ago
Fences are off at One University Circle. My daily trip down Euclid is always an amazing snapshot of new construction – at RTA Healthline - Stokes/Stearns station

"Treat this (November 2018) election as if it's the last election in which you can fully exercise your democratic rights. Because it just might be." -- Margy Waller.

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2018, 06:21:29 PM »
Had a client in today from Philadelphia. Told me University Circle made him feel like he was in a worldwide cultural hub. That's the second or third time I've had out of town friends / clients tell me they loved UC

Offline mu2010

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2018, 06:56:56 PM »
If only some of our own local suburbanites would take their blinders off and get to know the area and come and visit. A very dear friend of mine, who is a great person, lives in the east suburbs, referred to the area as "University Heights" when talking about a visit to the Corner Alley and I died a little inside. Had to stop myself from correcting him.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »
Why did you stop? I would have corrected him with enthusiasm.

Offline mu2010

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »
I can be a know-it-all if I don't check myself so I try to stop myself correcting in general - I just try to use the proper term next time I say it.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'

Offline surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2018, 01:56:55 PM »
One University Circle opens its doors
http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180503/news/160326/one-university-circle-opens-its-doors

Very calming natural tones inside. I'm wondering, how much room is there in UC for more developments of this scale?

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #316 on: May 04, 2018, 06:04:53 PM »

Very calming natural tones inside. I'm wondering, how much room is there in UC for more developments of this scale?

Look across the street -- to the planned UC3. The first building of which is planned to rise atop the new MLK branch library (to help defray foundation construction expenses).

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2018, 07:37:55 PM »
Will any of of UC3 be for-sale units or just more rental units? I know for-sale units are harder to finance, but there is demand among buyers--and the lack of for-sale housing is keeping a lot of people out of these neighborhoods. I for one would be interested in buying a place Downtown or in Ohio City, but there's no way in hell i'd blow $24-36K away in rent each year. I'm sure its the same with many others for UC.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
Took these today, just a few days after the building's official opening. But you can see it's not done yet -- balcony railings aren't installed and it looks like there's boxes/materials for interior buildouts stacked inside apartments near the upper floors. BTW sun roofs are great for getting photos of high-rises....

But windshields are not....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:44:47 PM by KJP »

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »
Redirect, your honor.....

Here ya go, @YABO713. This would be at the corner of Euclid and Stokes. Seems it would block views of downtown from phase one.....

And they aren't in a rush to tackle phase two, northwest of the tower.

First Interstate and Petros Development Corp. have just under an acre left to play with on the site, which they control through a long-term land lease with nonprofit neighborhood group University Circle, Inc. They're talking about more residential construction - including, possibly, condominiums - and exploring whether it makes sense to put offices on the lower floors of a second building.

"We're just not there yet," Mitchell Schneider said. He hopes to figure out the make-up of the next project next year, with the goal of breaking ground in 2019.

http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2017/10/one_university_circle_apartmen.html

To add to my post above, I found this early site plan for One University Circle. Note the site for Phase Two......

Offline Foraker

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2018, 02:31:20 PM »
Redirect, your honor.....

Here ya go, @YABO713. This would be at the corner of Euclid and Stokes. Seems it would block views of downtown from phase one.....

And they aren't in a rush to tackle phase two, northwest of the tower.

To add to my post above, I found this early site plan for One University Circle. Note the site for Phase Two......

That "Adjacent One Story Commercial Structure" is a PNC bank branch.

Offline KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »
From tweets by UCI President Chris Ronayne...

Offline dastler

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2018, 12:51:59 PM »
From tweets by UCI President Chris Ronayne...

Forest city indeed! Some cool photos

Online MuRrAy HiLL

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2018, 02:27:35 PM »
From the PD:

Inside the grand opening of One University Circle luxury apartments (photos)

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/news/erry-2018/07/165107cb5c2425/inside-the-grand-opening-of-on.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Offline YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2018, 03:55:54 PM »
Absolutely beautiful! I just wish at least some were owner-occupied

Offline Mildtraumatic

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »
The article said it is 60% occupied. Can someone add anything about occupancy?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:10:06 PM by Mildtraumatic »

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2018, 04:54:34 PM »
From the article:

"It's not just a building," said Mayor Frank Jackson. "What does the building mean? What statement does it make?

"The statement it makes to me is that it creates the expectation that things can happen in any neighborhood in the City of Cleveland," Jackson said.

What's he talking about? Does he think University Circle is like Glenville or Kinsman, that its an equally challenged neighborhood for investment?

Offline lockdog

« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2018, 11:59:07 PM »
not sure about anyone else, but I was not expecting something like one university... it has made such a striking change... now that it has happened, I'm more positive about something like it happening again in university circle...

Offline Pugu

• Burj Khalifa 2,722'
« Reply #328 on: July 21, 2018, 01:31:09 AM »
^yeah, I like it, it just wish it had ground level retail that would better connect the clinic area to Uptown. I hope the bldg that is adjacent to it in the plans will be all for-sale units.

Offline mtnbikefan

• Excavation Site
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2018, 03:01:39 PM »
It has a ground level retail/restaurant space that is yet to be occupied