PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Clark-Metro-Stockyards Developments  (Read 5951 times)

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland: Clark-Metro-Stockyards Developments
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2018, 10:56:40 PM »
Cleveland church's attempt to sell vacant houses, land prompts anxiety in Clark-Fulton neighborhood
http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2018/03/cleveland_churchs_attempt_to_s.html
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
Surprised this isn't already a designated landmark. I'm also surprised this is still a going concern, considering the decline of the surrounding neighborhood. I've always wondered what this looks like inside....

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/landmark/agenda/2018/04122018/index.php

CLEVELAND LANDMARK NOMINATION   

1. Sachsenheim Hall
7001 Denison Avenue
Ward 14
Santana

"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2018, 04:04:24 PM »
^ Sachsenheim is a hidden treasure. Check it out on Taco Tuesday’s or Wing Wednesdays. They also have $1 burgers on Thursdays. Specials on Fridays can be a surprise. So much character. It’s fun to roam around that place, inconspicuously of course ;-)

Ps the cook there is Grumpy, from Grumpys Cafe fame in Tremont.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:07:42 PM by surfohio »

Online YABO713

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2018, 04:27:52 PM »
^ Sachsenheim is a hidden treasure. Check it out on Taco Tuesday’s or Wing Wednesdays. They also have $1 burgers on Thursdays. Specials on Fridays can be a surprise. So much character. It’s fun to roam around that place, inconspicuously of course ;-)

It's open to the public?!?!

Online viscomi

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »
Some very nice city views up there by Sachsenheim, Denison/Ridge. Could only imagine how impressive it would be from some mid-rise apartments. That's years/decades away, if ever, though.

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2018, 06:45:38 PM »

It's open to the public?!?!

Heck yeah
https://m.yelp.com/biz/sachsenheim-hall-cleveland

Offline Larry1962

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2018, 11:48:51 AM »
Developer plans to revive old bakery as apartments

Efforts are underway to rejuvenate a one-time bakery building at 2707 Barber Ave. in Cleveland as 69 rental apartments.

The sprawling, four-block long structure dates to 1900 when it was constructed for the J. Spang Baking Co., which was acquired by the former Laub Baking Co. in 1958, according to "The Encyclopedia of Cleveland History." The local history said Spang's roots go back to 1888 when founder Julius Spang opened a "small bake shop" using skills as a baker he learned in Germany before coming to the U.S.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180411/news/157951/developer-plans-revive-old-bakery-apartments

This is at the northeast corner of the MetroWest CDC service area just north  of I-90:

http://www.ohiocity.org/sites/default/files/styles/full_width/public/images/featured_image/OHC%20Service%20Area%20Map%2003-25-14.jpg?itok=Toa1ebTJ
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:15:24 PM by Larry1962 »

Offline Larry1962

« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Cleveland antiquers are living their Googie dream

Margaret Daole and Dave Crider of Googie Style are hunters.

Clawing their way through garage sales, flea markets and estate sales, they find treasures with which to fill their galleries, carefully curated with vintage and mid-century furniture; art and unusual décor; as well as Crider's handmade furniture.

In November, Googie moved from a small Madison Avenue storefront in Lakewood to a 2,500-square-foot warehouse space on West 33rd Street in Cleveland's Clark-Fulton neighborhood on the city's West Side.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180317/news/155136/cleveland-antiquers-are-living-their-googie-dream8-11-2012

I grew up on the West side of Cleveland in the 60's & 70's and it's nice to see one of the older  neighborhoods that's NOT a Hot Spot for development get some much needed TLC!

Offline Larry1962

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
I drove by the new DOLLAR GENERAL store under construction at Fulton and Walton, just north of Clark Avenue earlier today.  It look like it's mostly completed at least with the brick walls.  That former parking lot has been there since the 70's and has slowly been getting bigger over the years.......

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:41:08 PM by Larry1962 »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2018, 06:15:58 PM »
A "recovering mobster" owns that property. Allegedly.

Offline Larry1962

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »
Really?

Do tell us more if you can.......

I know that the guy who started Tony's Market at Clark Ave near McDonald's many years ago. has bought up a lot of the properties along Clark Ave including what's now the Save A Lot. Near West 25 St.....

He owns most of the lots along Clark from  the drivethur beverage store just west of Fulton to West 25 Street.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2018, 05:15:31 PM »
Great news for La Villa Hispana....

Six Cleveland projects win federal tax credits for affordable housing
http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2018/05/six_cleveland_projects_win_fed.html#