PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Gun Rights  (Read 29486 times)

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Gun Rights
« Reply #2400 on: May 04, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »
^ I read about that story yesterday on "Reason." From what I gathered, her version of events conflicted with the other party's, and it was unclear if she was lawfully attempting to defend herself, or if she had initiated the confrontation that resulted in her brandishing the firearm. It sounds like the jury picked the latter. Given the location, it's almost certain that the jury was mostly liberal, so this may well be an example of an anti-gun jury punishing someone who might not have been worthy of a conviction.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2401 on: May 04, 2018, 10:49:36 AM »
^ I read about that story yesterday on "Reason." From what I gathered, her version of events conflicted with the other party's, and it was unclear if she was lawfully attempting to defend herself, or if she had initiated the confrontation that resulted in her brandishing the firearm. It sounds like the jury picked the latter. Given the location, it's almost certain that the jury was mostly liberal, so this may well be an example of an anti-gun jury punishing someone who might not have been worthy of a conviction.

And why has the NRA not spoken out against this liberal travesty of justice?

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2402 on: May 04, 2018, 03:36:18 PM »

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #2403 on: May 04, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »
Death Wish II was on again last night. You can totally tell where these guys got their warped vision of "good guy with a gun"

As an architect, Death Wish is one of my favorite films. I was pretty upset that the recent Bruce Willis remake switched the main character from an architect to a doctor. Architect's aren't featured in many movies - why'd they have to take one of the best ones away from us??

"I'm an architect" does sound really good when Bronson says it.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #2404 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »
So much nonsense in America today. Tell me again why this country deserves to survive...

“The only thing that stops a bad toddler with a loaded gun left lying ‘round the house is a good toddler with a loaded gun left lying ‘round the house!”

Video taken at this year’s annual #NRA meeting in Dallas: https://t.co/oaJ3PusZ7P
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2405 on: May 07, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
Kurt Eichenwald
@kurteichenwald
 48m48 minutes ago
Now a man convicted one 3 felony counts - Oliver North - who was released on king of all technicalities (his immunized congressional testimony MIGHT have influenced his trial) will head the NRA. Seriously, are felony convictions a new standard for prominence among conservatives?
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2406 on: May 07, 2018, 03:35:14 PM »
igorvolsky
‏@igorvolsky
 15m15 minutes ago
The new president of a group that refers to itself as "the oldest civil rights organization" in America has said that all Muslims are extremists and compared gays & lesbians to pedophiles.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2407 on: May 07, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »
^ Glad to see Kurt Eichenwald has advanced his anti-gun stance beyond attacking Parkland shooting survivors. Also glad he can manage to tweet without revealing his tentacle smut collection.

Anyways, we aren't a nation that hands down life sentences for minor crimes, especially crimes that are overturned on appeals. Even if someone is convicted of a felony, which North wasn't, we consider them reformed after they do their time. You'd think a bleeding heart liberal would sympathize.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2408 on: May 07, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »
I see the Nazis have brainwashed you. North was CONVICTED of three felonies. His convictions were vacated and released. He was not sentenced or sent to jail, sadly.

Oliver North sold weapons to Iran so he could buy guns from a Syrian terrorist and then give the guns to farmer-murdering death squads, with the help of a drug-dealing Panamanian dictator. Then lied about it.

That's now the face of law-abiding gun ownership. The NRA is a scourge on this country.

Online Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2409 on: May 07, 2018, 03:55:31 PM »
I see the Nazis have brainwashed you. North was CONVICTED of three felonies. His convictions were vacated and released. He was not sentenced or sent to jail, sadly.

Oliver North sold weapons to Iran so he could buy guns from a Syrian terrorist and then give the guns to farmer-murdering death squads, with the help of a drug-dealing Panamanian dictator. Then lied about it.

That's now the face of law-abiding gun ownership. The NRA is a scourge on this country.

But but but Obama's Iran deal! 

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2410 on: May 07, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »

Who better to than Ollie North to run the gun manufacturer lobby. That guy sold lots of guns.

Offline 327

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2411 on: May 07, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
I hope they didn't hire him to create another Iran/Iraq war.  How better to sell munitions than 8 years of pointless bloodshed?  We even got to field test our chemical weapons and then blame someone else for doing it, which led another very profitable war.  The more I think about it, Ollie North was the only guy worth interviewing for this job.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2412 on: May 07, 2018, 07:20:01 PM »
At NRA Con
•If this was an Afghan child w/a Rifle he’d be called terrorist—but an American child w/this Weapon of War is “adorable”
•Annually more Americans die from Toddler gunshots than by terrorist attacks
•Annually guns kill 1300 kids
#GunControlNow
https://t.co/VNd33cZbut

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2413 on: May 10, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »
Proof that the NRA values unfettered access to guns more than they value humanity. The NRA is run by the mentally ill.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-reg-oliver-north-nra-activists-20180510-story.html

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2414 on: May 13, 2018, 04:34:09 PM »
When the privileged believe they are victims you get moronic comments like this.....

African Americans killed by lynchings: roughly 5,000.

Americans killed by anti-gun activists: 0.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2415 on: May 13, 2018, 10:39:32 PM »
Nm

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2416 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:33 AM »
Some local news - https://www.10tv.com/article/columbus-passes-common-sense-gun-laws-organizations-look-possible-legal-action

http://wcbe.org/post/columbus-council-approves-gun-regulations-tax-breaks-two-warehouse-projects

Columbus City Council last night approved a series of new gun restrictions, including bans on imitation firearms and bump stocks.

The measures also allow the city to shut down businesses that attract violence, and allow for the seizure of weapons from people with domestic violence convictions.

Cincinnati city council last week banned bump stocks and other devices.

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2417 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:55 PM »
A heartwarming story out of Kent State:

Conservative student's parting shot at college's anti-gun policies goes viral: 'Come and take it'

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/16/conservative-students-parting-shot-at-colleges-anti-gun-policies-goes-viral-come-and-take-it.html

A conservative woman who recently graduated from Kent State University has received threats after she took aim at her school’s anti-gun policies in a photo shoot where she carried an AR-10 and wore a cap that said, “Come and take it.”

Kaitlin Bennett, a 22-year-old Second Amendment supporter from Zanesville, Ohio and founder of Liberty Hangout at Kent State, a student media outlet that promotes libertarian values, posed in front of the Kent Student Center for the tweet that has gone viral.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2418 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »
She founded a student group which had a recent post on their philosophy stating - "Voting is violence."  My heart is very warmed, indeed.

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2419 on: May 17, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
She founded a student group which had a recent post on their philosophy stating - "Voting is violence."  My heart is very warmed, indeed.

This is heartwarming too:

Oh, and for any readers who don’t recognize the name Kaitlin Marie Bennett, who liked Subervi’s Facebook post on committing genocide, she is TPUSA’s former campus leader at Kent State University, where she famously tried to trigger liberals by making her student activists dress up in diapers and crawl around in cribs.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-policy-advisor-for-trump-tied-america-first-group-praises-nazis/

Offline Ram23

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2420 on: May 17, 2018, 02:31:53 PM »

This is heartwarming too:

Oh, and for any readers who don’t recognize the name Kaitlin Marie Bennett, who liked Subervi’s Facebook post on committing genocide, she is TPUSA’s former campus leader at Kent State University, where she famously tried to trigger liberals by making her student activists dress up in diapers and crawl around in cribs.

This is you two:

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2421 on: May 17, 2018, 02:33:28 PM »
^ AKA - genocide is cool. Gotcha.

Offline DarkandStormy

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2422 on: May 17, 2018, 02:35:41 PM »
^ AKA - genocide is cool. Gotcha.

She posted a picture holding a gun so it's worth it - MAGA

Online freefourur

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2423 on: May 17, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
Promoting genocide to own the libs.

Online mu2010

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #2424 on: May 17, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »
So basically she brought a gun to graduation to get attention and it worked.

Offline E Rocc

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2425 on: May 17, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
So basically she brought a gun to graduation to get attention and it worked.

Nowhere near graduation, the day after IIRC.  And yes, she made her point.    The college bars students from carrying, but cannot bar non students.   It's a dumb policy.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2426 on: May 17, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »
•Ohio—the State where a black child Tamir Rice was executed for holding a toy gun—you brought a weapon of death to school & got Nat’l TV spots
•That disparity is racism against Tamir & white privilege for you
•Please learn the difference
#GunControlNow
https://twitter.com/MuslimIQ/status/997110277547220993

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2427 on: May 17, 2018, 11:32:33 PM »
Under NRA rules, yesterday this man was a good guy with a gun. Today he opened fire on a children’s birthday party with an AK-47 because he was mad that they were loud. https://t.co/5D4staEv7W

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #2428 on: May 18, 2018, 01:30:31 AM »
Well, the only answer to that is to start arming children when they go to birthday parties.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #2429 on: May 18, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »
Texas (few gun regulations):
10.73 gun deaths per 100k ppl

Massachusetts (lots of gun regulations): 3.39 gun deaths per 100k ppl

But sure, you keep repeating that @NRA propaganda...

https://t.co/K6qNmifphc