PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cincinnati: Clifton Heights: U Square @ the Loop  (Read 2388 times)

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cincinnati: Clifton Heights: U Square @ the Loop
« Reply #1380 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »
Construction of the Target is now underway in the space formerly occupied by Alter'd State, Body Central, and Smoothie King.  Alter'd State and Body Central each appear to be dead but Smoothie King has moved around the corner within the same building to Calhoun St. next to Great Clips. 

Online jmicha

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1381 on: March 06, 2017, 08:42:38 AM »
I wonder if Smoothie King got a deal to move out of the way of the space Target needed. That's the only logical way in my mind that they could move after doing what appeared to be abysmal business.

Their spot was bad. That single storefront was behind the railing which just obscured its spot. It doesn't seem like that would do a ton but it was just enough to make it unnoticeable. I'd imagine it'll do quite a bit better along Calhoun instead of in a weird spot on a pass through street.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1382 on: March 14, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
I just read that the urban Target being built near OSU will have a CVS Pharmacy inside. Does anyone know whether the U Square one will too? If so, it probably doesn't make sense for CVS to continue to operate their standalone pharmacy at McMicken & Vine in addition to one a few blocks down the street inside Target...

Offline GCrites80s

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • 1492 or 4,192?
« Reply #1383 on: March 14, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
They probably will do both. Whereas CVS makes money off of the retail stores in their own locations they only get to make money off of the actual pharmacy part in the Target. Some pharmacists told me that Target-operated pharmacies were the best to work at while CVSs are the worst. Apparently there's no money in operating a pharmacy where the staff is really happy.

Offline The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #1384 on: July 11, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
Target sets opening date for store near UC
Jul 11, 2017, 2:07pm EDT
Andy Brownfield
Reporter
Cincinnati Business Courier

A national retailer' first small-format store in Cincinnati has set a date to open near the University of Cincinnati.

Target's 17,500-squre-foot urban store at 235 Calhoun St. at U Square @ the Loop will hold a grand opening on July 23. The store will contain assortments for students and campus residents, including everyday essentials, home products for dorm and apartment living, select men's and women's apparel and accessories, a selection of groceries, tech products and accessories.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/07/11/target-sets-opening-date-for-store-near.html