PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: East Side Neighborhood Development  (Read 9473 times)

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
Re: Cleveland: East Side Neighborhood Development
« Reply #480 on: April 27, 2018, 03:30:58 PM »
It's going bye-bye as is everything in the background......

https://www.urbanohio.com/forum/index.php/topic,13381.msg896818.html#msg896818

EDIT: here's a better view of the endangered background:

Chester at 90th-Aug2016 by Ken Prendergast, on Flickr
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:34:24 PM by KJP »
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.

Offline PoshSteve

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #481 on: April 27, 2018, 07:48:10 PM »
Ugh. I literally just drove by that thinking "what a nice building if it could be fixed up". Very disappointing. It didn't register to me before that this was the site of that proposed development.

Offline Mendo

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
« Reply #482 on: April 27, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »
Why do these projects always seem to do the most possible damage? There's 3 or 4 large brick apartment buildings in the footprint that would be demolished if this was built.

Offline MyPhoneDead

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #483 on: April 27, 2018, 11:06:50 PM »
Why do these projects always seem to do the most possible damage? There's 3 or 4 large brick apartment buildings in the footprint that would be demolished if this was built.
Can this be blocked by the planning commission if it goes before them? What frustrates me is we continue to fumble a neighborhood that has great mixed use potential. If they built the Chester part of Midtown up with PROPER mixed use developments (apartments w/retail, hotels etc.) they could create a vibrant neighborhood. Once that is built they could shrink the urban highway that is Chester avenue by placing a streetcar (MAJOR pipe dream) on it that feeds the businesses, apartments and retail that goes there. The side streets of Chester avenue have good historical bones that just need polishing and BOOM you have a great all around neighborhood with character.

I don't mind health/tech companies building there but if the stretch mainly includes offices with one or two apartment projects and no ground level activity then the neighborhood is useless after 5pm. I would have figured they could use Midtown as a spillover from University Circle slowly running out of room and build housing for the doctors, students and tech workers. Midtown can be a place where Health/Tech companies live but buildings with all around use and late night (safe) activity need to outnumber the 9-5 office buildings that are slowly popping up.

Offline Mendo

« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »
Putting this here since there is no thread for Woodland Hills neighborhood. This is a pretty big project across the street from St Luke's Manor along MLK Drive between E.111th and E115th. 76 single family homes, about half market rate and half subsidized. The site plan is good. The houses themselves won't be anything to look at, if they look anything like the ones built next door, but they will probably be affordable.

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/designreview/drcagenda/2018/05182018/index.php

SE2018-014 Britt Oval Park New Construction: Seeking Final Approval
Project Location: Britt Oval
Project Representative: Wayne Mortenson, Cleveland Neighborhood Progress

Offline mu2010

« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
I had the pleasure of touring St. Luke's a few weeks ago - here's a view of the site from the rooftop, with a bonus skyline view.

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #486 on: May 17, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
Great news for the St. Luke's development noted above, as well as for Hough and the Euclid/Green neighborhoods....

Six Cleveland projects win federal tax credits for affordable housing
http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2018/05/six_cleveland_projects_win_fed.html#
"Many Americans are willing to die for their country. But pay taxes for it? No way." -- Me.