PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cleveland: Scranton Peninsula: Development and News  (Read 2112 times)

Online Cleburger

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cleveland: Scranton Peninsula: Development and News
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2017, 12:58:45 PM »
Deleted--quoted wrong post! 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:00:16 PM by Cleburger »

Offline dastler

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2017, 01:21:06 PM »
However, other prospects already are knocking on the door about land controlled by the trust, which traces its ownership of property back more than a century, including a corporate headquarters he refused to identify.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20170903/news/134256/long-term-trends-revive-development-pulse-scranton-peninsula

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170907005717/en/

Amazon is looking to build a new HQ in another city. Does anyone else think that Scranton Peninsula would be a great spot for it? With their new amazon locker downtown and the new fulfillment center coming to North Randall I think this could be something that's actually possible! How do we go about making sure that Cleveland submits a good proposal for this?

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »
For that many employees, Scranton Peninsula needs more infrastructure to improve access, such as restoration of the Eagle Avenue bridge, a rail line to downtown/airport and significant new sewers/waterlines.
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
^ I discussed in the other thread that the city could create a TIF district for public infrastructure improvements.  The increase in value from 8 million square feet of office should generate enough to improve the infrastructure.  Looking at a map SP is not far from the Red Line at W25th and directly across the river from Tower City.  Perhaps a spur loop off of the red line, or trolley buses could make the connection to W25th.  I think pedestrian bridges could connect to Tower City as well which provides access to all rail transit and parking.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:50:28 PM by down4cle »

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:07 PM »
For that many employees, Scranton Peninsula needs more infrastructure to improve access, such as restoration of the Eagle Avenue bridge, a rail line to downtown/airport and significant new sewers/waterlines.

I could be wrong, but those are the reasons we'll see SP develop in stages, rather than in one full swoop. There are positives for that approach, ie more time and flexibility for planning and reassessment. 

Online surfohio

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »
^ I discussed in the other thread that the city could create a TIF district for public infrastructure improvements.  The increase in value from 8 million square feet of office should generate enough to improve the infrastructure.  Looking at a map SP is not far from the Red Line at W25th and directly across the river from Tower City.  Perhaps a spur loop off of the red line, or trolley buses could make the connection to W25th.  I think pedestrian bridges could connect to Tower City as well which provides access to all rail transit and parking.

Interesting ideas. So you're envisioning a much more mixed-use plan then?  I suppose I had this area at say 90 percent residential, probably based on some 20 year old proposal by FCE. 

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
I was envisioning a mixed use development anchored by Amazon's 2nd HQ in which case i think we can build out a huge section of SP all at one and use a TIF to assist with rail, infrastructure and road construction. 

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
I doubt there's enough room for Amazon, let alone other uses. We're talking about an HQ with a number of employees that's nearly double that of the Cleveland Clinic main campus.
"Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who writes the laws." -- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the European banking dynasty.

Offline dastler

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
I doubt there's enough room for Amazon, let alone other uses. We're talking about an HQ with a number of employees that's nearly double that of the Cleveland Clinic main campus.

According to the article from Crain's there's just about 45 acres down there although much of it is already taken up other buildings and tenants. 45 acres is just under 2M square feet, meaning 8 million sq ft of office would only be four floors of building... much too small for many of the posters on here  :-P

In all seriousness though, as a resident of Cleveland what can I do to ensure that someone from the city is submitting a proposal? Perhaps that is a discussion for another thread though.

Offline down4cle

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
As far as putting together a proposal, GCP and TeamNEO are the ones that need to be on top of this.  Amazon wants only one package from each MSA which can include multiple sites from multiple jurisdictions.  I don't care if this ends up in the burbs or Summit County. I'd love to see it NEO.  Anywhere else in Ohio is my second choice and Detroit is third. I'm a dreamer.

Offline X

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • Western Reserve Meadery
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »
Great Lakes Brewing Co. is looking at Scranton Peninsula for possible expansion project (photos)
Michelle Jarboe, The Plain Dealer
6-7 minutes

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Strapped for space at its longtime home in Ohio City, Great Lakes Brewing Co. is talking about building a second production facility a mile away, on long-barren Scranton Peninsula in the Flats.

The homegrown brewery hasn't made any decisions. During an interview, Bill Boor, the company's chief executive officer, said there's no guarantee Great Lakes will pull the trigger on an expansion - regardless of the site. But he confirmed that the company is "very interested" in Scranton Peninsula, where a recent land sale has opened up new development possibilities.

http://realestate.cleveland.com/realestate-news/2017/09/great_lakes_brewing_co_is_eyei.html#incart_river_home
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:28:18 PM by X »

Online KJP

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'