PLEASE READ!!!

***** ALL users will have to request a password reset BEFORE you will be able to log into the forum. See the thread in the forum issues section for further instructions. If you have issues with this, email us at admin@urbanohio.com. *****

Author Topic: Cincinnati: Abandoned and vacant buildings discussion  (Read 335 times)

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
Re: Cincinnati: Abandoned-Vacant Buildings Discussion
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
>Not sure what you'd do about parking, though.

There are thousands of parking spaces under construction as part of the Banks project, and both Atrium buildings have underground garages. QCS is building thousands of parking spaces.  So we're talking 3,000+ parking spaces within a one block radius of these buildings.  Surely 10 or so could be secured for residents.   

Offline Jimmy_James

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2009, 06:50:46 AM »
Obviously, but possibility and reality are often different things.  I'd love to see that happen, though.

Offline RestorationConsultant

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »
I've worked on a couple of mixed use historic retail /condo developments in other states where we were able to get basement level parking by cutting a ramp down. Don't know if that's a possibility with those buildings. I've also worked on "lift down" projects where you have a garage door and a lift and the cars are lowered to basement parking garage.

There are workarounds, I just don't know if Cincinnati code is that "adaptable" yet?

Offline gfi

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2009, 05:56:00 PM »
yeah
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:23:34 PM by gfi »

Offline Alabama ExPat

• Great American Tower 665'
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2009, 08:01:59 AM »
I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but it keeps slipping my mind....

Does anybody know what's in store for this little cluster of buildings across the street from the Great American Ballpark? I happened across them while walking around downtown last June, and wondered what their status was. They look vacant, but seem to be in mostly decent condition. Please tell me they aren't slated for demolition... I'd hate to see these torn down to make way for another parking garage.

Those buildings fall into the Third-Main Street Historic District

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/cdap/pages/-3730-/

Offline The_Cincinnati_Kid

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2009, 05:41:18 AM »
They have sat "as is" for a long time.  The owners (appears to be two different sets for all buildings) have never shown any interest in redevelopment.  You'd think they would with all the progress made in the last 10 years.

Offline seicer

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:19 AM »
They are active structures.