Author Topic: Clayton / Englewood: Development and News  (Read 1062 times)

Offline dfly

• One World Trade Center 1,776'
Re: Dayton: Village of North Clayton
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 11:13:12 PM »
Sweet: Esther Price to open fifth candy store
Dayton Business Journal - October 13, 2006
by Tim Tresslar

Esther Price Candies Corp. has plans to sweeten up Clayton.

The Dayton-based maker and seller of chocolates and sweets has agreed to buy three-quarters of an acre and an accompanying farmhouse located in the Village of North Clayton, where it will locate a store.

The Village is a 100-acre development at the northwest corner of National and Hoke roads. The proposed development will include retail and offices, homes and condominiums.

Read More...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:48:57 PM by andrew0816 »

Offline buildingcincinnati

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »
From the 1/25/07 Englewood Independent:

Council gives go-ahead to Section Two of Village of North Clayton
BY MARILYN McCONAHAY
Independent Staff Writer
mmcconahay@tcnewsnet.com

Following a public hearing at the beginning of its Jan. 18 meeting, Clayton City Council approved plans for Section Two of the Village of North Clayton, which emphasizes retail and office development.

The planned development-3 Business final Development Plan affects 7.9 acres located on the south side of National Road beginning at the intersection of Anneliese Way and National Road, and ending 1,300 feet from the intersection of Hoke Road at Lofton Drive.

The Clayton Planning Commission met on Jan.9 and recommended approval of the plan, filed by North Clayton Development LLC and Neil and Jeanne Hazel.

Read More...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:49:25 PM by andrew0816 »

Offline Jeffrey

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 07:54:01 PM »
I think there is already a thread on this somewhere, but here are some pix of development at this North Clayton Village just west of Englewood, north Dayton suburbs.

If even just a part of this is built it will be a nice developlment.  What the renderings show is something that will be nicer than The Greene (though not as big), where they actually indtegrate a shopping center into the residential development.

This is the area that is being developed, around a little park with a small fountain in it.

Overall site plan

Road to the proposed town square

renderings from the developers website for the town square.  We can only hope it turns out this picturesque....

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 11:58:38 PM »
Hmmm...I suppose for Clayton, it isn't bad.
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline UncleRando

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 12:12:20 AM »
What is this...a new development with at least some kind of character/charm?!!?!?  I would much rather see this than the typical suburban crap that usually graces our landscapes!  Oh btw, this looks MUCH better than The Greene...obviously not the same scale, but its not for the same purpose either...this is more of a town square/main street type thing...whereas The Greene is a glorified shopping mall/center.

Offline ragerunner

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
While I would love to see only urban infill and redevelopment this is MUCH better than what we have been getting in suburbia over the last 30 years. As long as we continue to build suburbia, I hope we building more of this (that includes the Greene over typical strip centers) and less of the other crap.

I know I have said this before, but why can developers all over the US (heck that includes places like Lubbock, TX) build these types of projects and yet Cincy's suburbia has NONE. We are still building as if it was the 70s and 80s. Until Cincy developers and communities start embrace more Smart Growth concepts, its going to be a hard sell convincing them to embrace greater density and mass transit.

Offline UncleRando

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »
Any more progress on this?  BTW, here's a website:
http://www.northclaytonoh.us/index.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:11:54 PM by UncleRando »

Offline ColDayMan

• ♫ An Apollo Legend ♫
  • Administrator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
    • UrbanOhio
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 07:34:10 PM »
Yeah, it's looking good so far.  I don't have my camera (*cough* Rich has it *cough*) but if I did, I'd take photos of it.  Or not.
"You don't just walk into a bar and mix it up by calling a girl fat" - buildingcincinnati speaking about new forumers

Offline Jeffrey

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »
I did take some pix of it recently.  They added a commercial building, but going seems to be pretty slow.