Author Topic: Cincinnati: Over-the-Rhine: Development and News (non-3CDC)  (Read 121007 times)

jakelley36, Ucgrad2015 and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SleepyLeroy

• One SeaGate 411'
Re: Cincinnati: Over-the-Rhine: Development and News (non-3CDC)
« Reply #5310 on: June 10, 2018, 01:07:25 PM »
Why are we all thinking this is office worker dress here , these looks we on LOTS of people in the photos I've seen from all the downtown concerts lately. So much so that when i searched out the Bonobos website after seeing the first post i had an ah ha moment that explained what i was seeing on people at Bunbury & The Nationals concerts. My casual wardrobe of solid T's and shorts was well well under the floral print and pattern dress shirt norm that i was seeing. At this rate we are nearing JAMS Shirt levels of color again.

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5311 on: June 10, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »
The type of stuff sold at Bonobos is very popular and the store will do well. It reminds me of a lot of the stuff I see when I go into H&M which now has multiple locations around Greater Cincinnati.

Offline küshner

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #5312 on: June 11, 2018, 01:34:47 PM »
This is the second national chain to open in OTR, hopefully they fare better than the first, Kit & Ace. Starbucks would definitely be a mood killer, although I could see a Starbucks Reserve, or Blue Bottle fitting in quite well. I always thought the area up by Findlay market would be a good market for national retail, i.e. Anthro, Madewell, Shinola, etc.

Offline Yves Behar

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #5313 on: June 11, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »
We're ripe for an urban style Applebees.

Offline edale

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5314 on: June 11, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
Shinola and Warby Parker are two brands that I think would be excellent fits in OTR. Anthropologie, too, but their stores are usually huge, so I don't know where they could fit given the small size of most OTR commercial spaces. Apple would also be pretty cool.

Offline edale

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5315 on: June 11, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
This is the second national chain to open in OTR, hopefully they fare better than the first, Kit & Ace. Starbucks would definitely be a mood killer, although I could see a Starbucks Reserve, or Blue Bottle fitting in quite well. I always thought the area up by Findlay market would be a good market for national retail, i.e. Anthro, Madewell, Shinola, etc.

It looks like Kit & Ace closed all their American stores.

Offline Robuu

• Premium Member
  • Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5316 on: June 11, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
Northside needs its Applebee's back.

Offline nicker66

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5317 on: June 11, 2018, 02:16:58 PM »
Shinola and Warby Parker are two brands that I think would be excellent fits in OTR. Anthropologie, too, but their stores are usually huge, so I don't know where they could fit given the small size of most OTR commercial spaces. Apple would also be pretty cool.

Warby Parker will open at 1419 Vine St. later this year.

Offline joshknut

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #5318 on: June 11, 2018, 02:21:39 PM »
It's sad that Frameri, a local startup, failed and their competition, Warby Parker, will be taking their flagship store space.

Offline troeros

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5319 on: June 11, 2018, 04:28:52 PM »
I mean it’s great though that these NYC HQ chains see value in OTR. Like it or not I truly do think that otr needs a Starbucks, Apple Store, HM for its long term success.

It’s recognizeable brands and cincy needs a premier retail shopping street in its urban core.

Offline küshner

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #5320 on: June 11, 2018, 10:48:47 PM »

It looks like Kit & Ace closed all their American stores.

They did, but not before relocating from OTR to Kenwood

Offline küshner

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #5321 on: June 11, 2018, 10:54:29 PM »

Where are you seeing this? Would love to be in the retail know. Anything else coming?

Offline edale

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5322 on: June 11, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »
They did, but not before relocating from OTR to Kenwood

No, they had two stores open at the same time. OTR might have closed first, but they definitely had a store in OTR and Kenwood concurrently. A friend of mine worked there for a bit when they first opened, and he’d split work between the locations.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:21:47 PM by edale »

Offline DEPACincy

• Huntington Tower 330'
« Reply #5323 on: June 12, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »

Where are you seeing this? Would love to be in the retail know. Anything else coming?

Apparently there is a coming soon sign on the door.

Offline Cincy513

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5324 on: June 12, 2018, 09:30:35 AM »
When I drove by yesterday I saw there was a coming soon sign on the south east corner of 12th and Race.  That corner really needs some life so it will be great if something moves in there and on the north east corner. 

Offline Robuu

• Premium Member
  • Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5325 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
Hope this is a sign of momentum building for non-bar/restaurant retail. Would be nice to see some more amenities for neighborhood residents, but if destination retail can be successful that would be huge.

Offline JohnClevesSymmes

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5326 on: June 12, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
I'm a millennial working in an office in downtown Cincinnati. My peers and I wear plenty of Bonobos. It will do well. The guideshop model is perfect for walkable bar/restaurant areas because you go in, try on the clothes, and everything gets shipped. So you don't end up walking out with a bunch of bags. Since they don't have to keep every style/color in every size (just samples of each cut) the footprint is usually pretty small. The no-brainer location would be somewhere on Vine between 12th and 14th, but it is great that there will be more to draw foot traffic north.

Offline jmecklenborg

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5327 on: June 12, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »
It's sad that Frameri, a local startup, failed and their competition, Warby Parker, will be taking their flagship store space.

I didn't hear about this place until it closed, despite walking or biking past it dozens of times. 

These stores need illuminated signs.  They need to look like they're open.  It needs to be obvious what they sell there. 

Offline troeros

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5328 on: June 12, 2018, 04:29:41 PM »
Is Source 3 still scheduled to start the Elm and Liberty project this summer as it was previously alluded to in the biz journal article from a few months ago? I believe they have the financing in place and should be ready to go?

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5329 on: June 12, 2018, 06:31:59 PM »
With Warby Parker and Bonobos coming to Vine Street, we have the beginnings of the Podcast Sponsor District. Next up, a SquareSpace demo lab.

Offline jjakucyk

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5330 on: June 12, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
Would be nice to see some more amenities for neighborhood residents...

Well the old Servatii's location at Court and Walnut is becoming a Great Clips.  *facepalm*

Offline troeros

• Kettering Tower 408'
« Reply #5331 on: June 12, 2018, 06:52:23 PM »
Are there even any dry cleaners in otr let alone the cbd? In the suburbs they are everywhere...kind of speaks volumes about the lack of amenities aspect that urban core residents face

Offline taestell

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5332 on: June 12, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »
There used to be one on Vine Street, maybe where the Queen City Underground tours are now located? They did not actually do the dry cleaning in that location, but you could drop off items on Vine Street, they would take them to another location to actually dry clean them, and then bring them back to their storefront for you to pick up.

Offline SleepyLeroy

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5333 on: June 12, 2018, 08:41:22 PM »
Now that I've checked out Bonobos website, all my UO ads are Bonobos. It is a self fulfilling prophesy that if you build it and direct your marketing to people with my apparent browsing habits i will probably at least check it out when it opens.

Offline ryanlammi

• Global Moderator
  • Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5334 on: June 13, 2018, 08:58:08 AM »
I think you can drop off your dry cleaning at GOODS on Main Street. Not positive about that, but I think they work with a service that picks up from various locations and drops back off.

Offline savadams13

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #5335 on: June 13, 2018, 09:09:39 AM »
There is a Tide Dry Cleaners drop off on Sixth Street. I have used it a couple times and I am not a P&G employee. I know most my neighbors just have Widmers pick up and drop off their dry cleaning, since its a free service.

Offline jwulsin

• Jeddah Tower 3,281'
« Reply #5336 on: June 13, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »
There is a Tide Dry Cleaners drop off on Sixth Street. I have used it a couple times and I am not a P&G employee. I know most my neighbors just have Widmers pick up and drop off their dry cleaning, since its a free service.

I don't see a Tide Dry Cleaners location on Sixth Street... you sure it's there? Maybe it has closed? Doesn't appear on their website: https://www.tidedrycleaners.com/WebPages/Locations.aspx?statecode=Cincinnati,%20OH

Offline JohnClevesSymmes

• One SeaGate 411'
« Reply #5337 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:54 AM »
They did not actually do the dry cleaning in that location, but you could drop off items on Vine Street, they would take them to another location to actually dry clean them, and then bring them back to their storefront for you to pick up

Many dry cleaners operate like this now.

G Salzano's, I believe, is also planning to offer dry cleaning pickup/drop off at its Vine Street location.

Offline greatgooglymoogly

• Metropolitan Tower 224'
« Reply #5338 on: June 13, 2018, 11:22:18 AM »
With Warby Parker and Bonobos coming to Vine Street, we have the beginnings of the Podcast Sponsor District. Next up, a SquareSpace demo lab.

And a Casper store!

Offline küshner

• Dirt Lot 0'
« Reply #5339 on: June 13, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »
Filson, Shinola, Frye, and maybe Anthropologie are the only national retail chains I can think of that would be viable for OTR, without making the area feel too generic. Anything like Apple or Zara would be better in the CBD, which clearly isn't happening anytime soon, unfortunately.