Haydenville (pop: 67) is Ohio's last company owned town. Peter Hayden established the Little Cities of the Black Diamond Region town in 1852. Haydenville came to life in 1882 when the Haydenville Mining and Manufacturing Company was established. Spare sewer pipe, drainage tile, fire brick, chimney pots, etc, from the operation were used to construct rows of company homes and civic structures. Although the community was sold to residents in 1965, it remains well-maintained and has been declared a National Register Historic District.