Author Topic: Cleveland: Downtown: Residences at 1717  (Read 27832 times)

Offline Paul in Cleveland

• 468'-Scripps Center
  • Media Correspondent
Re: Cleveland: Residences at 1717-East Ohio tower-apartment conversion
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »
Is that the good Al's Deli (owned by Ghada and Al) across from the Galleria? Best place!

And SO much better than the Al's Deli/Cafe/whatever it is in the Penton Media Bldg., run by angry siblings who constantly yell at their workers. ;-)

Online mrclifton88

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2014, 06:14:59 PM »

Is that the good Al's Deli (owned by Ghada and Al) across from the Galleria? Best place!

And SO much better than the Al's Deli/Cafe/whatever it is in the Penton Media Bldg., run by angry siblings who constantly yell at their workers. ;-)

You are correct , the "good one" lol

Offline stpats44113

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2014, 11:06:33 PM »
Are they closing the one by the Galleria?

Offline mjarboe

• 279'-First Energy Center
    • Cleveland.com
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2014, 07:39:52 AM »
Hi all -

Yes, the deli will occupy the Superior Avenue retail space. Al's Deli isn't closing the one by the Galleria. This will be a second location.

K&D still needs to fill a retail space on the south side of the building. I think it's roughly 6,000 square feet. There isn't much room on the ground floor of 1717 - the floorplates are pretty tight, and the common areas are much smaller than they are at other K&D properties like 668 and Reserve Square.

Michelle
Michelle Jarboe McFee
Plain Dealer real estate, development reporter
mmcfee@plaind.com
@mjarboe

Offline BCCLE1

• 279'-First Energy Center
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
First, a big Thank You to K&D for taking an empty office building and giving it new life. I have never been a fan of most of the late 50's - 60's architecture, but since Cleveland has this building, and it sat empty for a long time, K&D is doing a great job of repurposing it.

Thanks to Micelle too, for the great photo essay. I really like the looks of the interior choices that have been featured in her photo essay. What K&D did to the lobby  is very impressive. I really like it.

The only thing I'm not a fan off is the logo.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
People started moving into the building, but it remains an active construction project...

American Exceptionalism? The only thing exceptional about America is the over-inflated opinion it has of itself. It does some things well and some things stupidly, just like all the other nice addresses on this planet.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #181 on: August 12, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »
http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/designreview/drcagenda/2014/08012014/index.php

City Planning Commission
Agenda for August 15, 2014

Ordinance No. 835-14(Ward 3/Councilmember Cimperman): Authorizing the Director of Capital Projects to issue a permit to K&D Management LLC to encroach into the public right-of-way of East 9th Street, Superior Avenue, and Walnut Avenue by installing, using, and maintaining permanent streetscape improvements.
American Exceptionalism? The only thing exceptional about America is the over-inflated opinion it has of itself. It does some things well and some things stupidly, just like all the other nice addresses on this planet.

Offline Niko

• 555'-LeVeque Tower
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:44 PM »
I noticed some guys scrubbing on of the black panels on my way to work today. It looked like a test cleaning.    Are those metal or some sort of stone?

Offline New World Techno Boy

• 367'-PNC Bank
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: Residences at 1717
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2014, 08:16:58 PM »
I find it very interesting that K&D chose to use the original recessed entry doors on E. 9 as well as posting the 1717 sign right over the acid rain marble etched with "EAST OHIO GAS" letters still showing behind the new 1717 sign.  Yah, inside we have nice digs.  Outside, ehhh...About a year ago the recessed doors on E 9. were a major homeless area and covered in Sh*t and P*ss.  I hope things will be different now... Optimistically,  I guess this is how change happens.  In the end, this is my day-time territory and I want it to be pulsating with urban life...

Online MayDay

• Administrator
  • The HBIC from the CLE
    • Cleveland Skyscrapers
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2014, 08:33:29 AM »
^That was once the case for the Calfee Building (Rockwell and East 6th) - don't think there's anything to worry about.

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »
residences at 1717 offer high-rise apartment living in the heart of cleveland
LEE CHILCOTE | TUESDAY, AUGUST 26, 2014

Downtown Cleveland's residential population has reached 12,500 people, and apartment occupancy rates consistently hover in the 95-98 percent range. As a real estate broker once told me, "That's not really a vacancy rate, that's more like a turnover rate." Most buildings have waiting lists, and new properties continue to come online each year. Still, downtown doesn't have many high-rise apartment or condo buildings like you'd find in New York or Chicago, where you can perch above it all and look down at the vibrant, busy city swarming below.

Yet that's changing with the addition of The 9, which Fresh Water profiled last month, and the Residences at 1717, which we recently had a chance to tour. These units are under construction, with floors 2 through 5 now occupied and a new floor being unveiled every couple of weeks. Although the first residents have barely moved into the building, it's already 65 percent leased. The entire project, which features 223 units on 21 floors, is expected to be complete by March 2015.

There are two commercial spaces on the first floor of the property, which, by the way, is the former East Ohio Gas building at East 9th and Superior. One of these spaces will be occupied by Al's Deli, which is relocating from the Galleria. The other space is not yet officially leased, but K&D, the developer behind the project, is purportedly in talks with various potential tenants.

READ MORE AT:
http://www.freshwatercleveland.com/devnews/residencesat1717082514.aspx

Offline ag4uh

• 0'-Surface Lot
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
The corner units on the top floors of this building are going to have amazing views of the city.

Online MayDay

• Administrator
  • The HBIC from the CLE
    • Cleveland Skyscrapers
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2014, 07:06:46 AM »

Offline Dumbledore

• 1450'-Willis Tower
  • Wag more. Bark less.
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2014, 10:40:19 PM »

Itll be nice when this ground floor is closer to completion

fka Clueless

Online surfohio

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
    • Out of Place: a portrait of surfing in Cleveland, Ohio
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2014, 10:28:27 AM »
^ There are some really nice, old bricks that have been unearthed where the sidewalk was torn up. I just may have to liberate them from their prison.

Remove Ads