Author Topic: Cleveland: Downtown: Euclid & 9th Tower / Schofield Building Redevelopment  (Read 247551 times)

Offline plinth857

• 367'-PNC Bank
Re: Cleveland: Downtown: Euclid & 9th Tower / Schofield Building Redevelopment
« Reply #1120 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:08 PM »

Almost all of the lighting turned on

Wow, that looks great!  I love tasteful exterior lighting; this makes me excited to walk around downtown when it gets a little warmer.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #1121 on: January 13, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
Best historic renovation in this town in years!
A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
-Mohandas Gandhi

Offline TPH2

• 947'-Key Tower
  • Cleveland Boomerang via Washington, DC
    • Twitter
« Reply #1122 on: January 13, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »

I was just looking at old pictures of this building from the '00s to remind myself of what it looked like. This renovation is really pretty amazing. It better win some kind of award.
The quality of life in cities has much to do with systems of transport...Many cars, used by one or more people, circulate in cities, causing traffic congestion, raising the level of pollution, and consuming enormous quantities of non-renewable energy. -Pope Francis

Offline mrclifton88

• 665'-Queen City Square
« Reply #1123 on: January 13, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »
I was just going to say it must win some awards. They basically had to re-fabricate and rebuild the details of the entire facade. And they blend in perfectly. Really beautiful work.

Offline Urbanophile

• 629'-Rhodes State Tower
« Reply #1124 on: January 13, 2016, 08:55:21 PM »
More like best historic renovation in the state in years (or maybe ever)! The transformation is incredible.

Offline PHS14

• 279'-First Energy Center
« Reply #1125 on: January 13, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »
These were from a few days ago. Since they were taken, all of the scaffolding on the sidewalk has since been removed. It's the first time that corner is open and free from scaffolding in at least 5 years!

Almost all of the lighting turned on

Well worth the wait.

Offline dar124

• 468'-Scripps Center
« Reply #1126 on: January 19, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
A few weeks ago I was dropping off a friend at The 9 for a New Years party and I got a couple pics of The Schofield across the street.  Just getting around to posting them now.

Offline Oldmanladyluck

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #1127 on: January 19, 2016, 12:18:10 PM »
My contribution- from last week...

With the restoration of this and the 925, my vote is for this being one of the most awesome corners in the Midwest.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:19:09 PM by Oldmanladyluck »
A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
-Mohandas Gandhi

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #1128 on: January 19, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »
A few from yesterday
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:05:08 PM by MuRrAy HiLL »
“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood. " -- Daniel Burnham

Offline jjames0408

• 771'-Terminal Tower
« Reply #1129 on: January 29, 2016, 03:18:50 PM »
They seem to have pretty decent reviews.

Parker's Grille and Tavern to open new restaurant at Kimpton Schofield Hotel

"Our kitchen will service the Kimpton Hotel guests, and eventually the residents living in The Schofield, in addition to the 120-seat restaurant,” said James Mowbray, co-owner of Parker’s with his wife, Victoria, in a statement."

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20160129/NEWS/160129780/parker-s-grille-and-tavern-to-open-new-restaurant-at-kimpton#utm_medium=email&utm_source=ccl-dailynews&utm_campaign=ccl-dailynews-20160129

Offline MuRrAy HiLL

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #1130 on: February 03, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
New Kimpton hotel, the Schofield, opens in March and will include unique Cleveland features

By  Susan Glaser, The Plain Dealer   
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 03, 2016 at 9:13 AM, updated February 03, 2016 at 9:24 AM

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The city's new Kimpton hotel, the Schofield, will open next month with some uniquely Cleveland features, including a loaner guitar program and an overnight package that celebrates the city's craft beer scene.

With a nod to Northeast Ohio's historic Barber Match Co., vintage matchbooks have been transformed into custom prints in each room; and American Splendor comic books, by the late Harvey Pekar, will be available for paging through in the lobby.

The $50 million transformation of the former Schofield Building, at the corner of East 9th Street and Euclid Avenue, is nearly complete, after more than five years of renovation work that included the restoration of the building's original terra-cotta façade, covered by steel for the past 40 years.

In addition to 122 hotel rooms and six suites, the 1902 building -- named after the Cleveland architect, Levi Scofield, who designed it – also will feature 52 luxury apartments.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/index.ssf/2016/02/new_kimpton_hotel_the_schofiel.html#incart_river_home
“Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood. " -- Daniel Burnham

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
"Cleveland: under construction since 1796."

Remove Ads