Author Topic: Cleveland: Flats Developments (Non-Stonebridge or FEB)  (Read 87389 times)

Offline X

• Global Moderator
Re: Cleveland: Flats Developments (Non-Stonebridge or FEB)
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2014, 03:45:15 PM »
It'd be cool to see the taxi take people up to Wendy Park and down to Settler's Landing and Rivergate Park as well.

Offline Cleburger

• 1450'-Willis Tower
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2014, 01:34:43 AM »
I'm glad to see the Metroparks being so proactive, especially for quasi-governmental agency.    They've always been a vital part of our community, but it seems recently that everything they touch turns to gold.   Edgewater park is a game changer now thanks to them.  Glad to see they are looking to the future rather than reacting to the present!

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2014, 05:37:30 PM »
As I read the PD article, it appears Metroparks is contracting water taxi service with only this one boat.  Seems they would need more than one boat to offer true, and frequent, water taxi service.  The old rather poorly run (though still fun) Holy Moses Water Taxi ran at least 2 boats, and even then many people were standing at WT "stations" waiting for the rides... Surely 1 boat won't cut it.

In the olden days (circla the late 1990s) Holy Moses even had an agreement with RTA whereby, if you had an RTA ticket or pass for that day, you could ride the Water Taxi for just $1.  This was very forward thinking and encouraged Flats patrons to park their cars and take the Waterfront Line which, in those days, ran until 2:15a on summer weekend nights... Fat chance we'd ever get this kind of arrangement with the current anti-rail RTA management. 

Offline KJP

• Premium Member
  • Rebuilding the cities that built America.
    • All Aboard Ohio
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »
Remember RTA's Flats Flyer bus?? It got stuck in the traffic same as all the cars. It was faster to walk. I say we put a Zip Line across the river.
The more people I meet, the more I like my cats.

Offline MyTwoSense

• 40+ and Fly
  • 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • back with a vengeance!
« Reply #459 on: October 18, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
Remember RTA's Flats Flyer bus?? It got stuck in the traffic same as all the cars. It was faster to walk. I say we put a Zip Line across the river.

That was a waste of time.  When I was at SOHIO suggested closing all the streets to vehicular traffic and using shuttle from the West 25 and West 9 to move visitor to the area.
my 2      Please Sell Crazy Someplace Else....We Have Excess Inventory Here!!

Offline clvlndr

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #460 on: October 18, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
That was a waste of time.  When I was at SOHIO suggested closing all the streets to vehicular traffic and using shuttle from the West 25 and West 9 to move visitor to the area.

I disagree.  It was the first acknowledgement by RTA that transit was a desirable connection from Public Square to the Flats. This thinking paved the way to the Waterfront Line a decade or so later.

Remove Ads