An ordinance allowing the city to enter a Preferred Developer Agreement (PDA) with the Corporation for Findlay Market is now on the table. Right now it's in Finance Committee.
The PDA would last for 12 months and would cover 32 parcels surrounding Findlay Market.
The properties are these:
1717, 1722, 1824, 1826, 1828 Elm
111, 112-116, 113, 118-120, 129, 131 W Elder
1611, 1612, 1613, 1623, 1626, 1628 Pleasant (includes vacant lot between 1611 and 1613)
1630 Pleasant (109 Green)
124, 126-128 W Liberty
1601 Race (102-104 W Liberty)
1800-1802 Race (26-28 W Elder)
1712, 1714, 1716, 1718 Vine (includes 1661 Hamer)
57 McMicken (14 Back)
The area is Area 2A in this diagram:
Their work plan, by quarter, from date of approval of PDA. It's pretty thin on details:
* Obtain bids, begin facade improvements of 111, 113, 129, 131, 133 W Elder.
* Complete specs and drawings for first floor retail space at 111 and 113 W Elder.
* Complete facade improvements for 111, 113, 129, 131 and 133 W Elder.
* Solicit bids for construction of first floor retail space at 111 and 113 W Elder
* Procure contractor for construction of first floor retail space at 111 and 113 Elder.
* Identify properties for creating a critical mass of development. (Whatever the hell that means.)
* Begin construction of first floor retail at 111 and 113 W Elder.
* Assess values and compile pro-formas for development opportunites. (?)
* Work with city to indentify and secure funding to build-out first floor retail at 129-133 W Elder.
* Solicit interested parties for desired development.
So it appears that most of the first year will involve planning, design, funding, and market studies. There will be more of a "plan" together by early 2007.
The ordinance is expected to pass.