Author Topic: Liberty Township: Liberty Center  (Read 65593 times)

Offline Civvik

• 1450'-Willis Tower
Re: Liberty Township: Liberty Center
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »
Replanning the mall property in Tri-County would make a GREAT urban planning project at DAAP.
"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert." -Arthur C. Clarke

Offline GCrites80s

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • Running Free
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46:37 AM »

This wouldn't surprise me, with Dillard's pulling out of Tri-County, Macy's sees the writing on the wall. It's really hard to stop the bleeding of a dying mall. Much of Tri-County's demise was due to the $75 million pumped into Forest Fair Mall by the now defunct Mills Corporation and Springdale failing to invest ieating into their busin the shopping district by sprucing up the area.

Then you also have Northgate

Offline ProkNo5

• Living and Loving Milwaukee
  • 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
They are beginning to talk about a second department store.   I think it will be Macy's.  They want out of Tri-County Mall. 

This wouldn't surprise me, with Dillard's pulling out of Tri-County, Macy's sees the writing on the wall. It's really hard to stop the bleeding of a dying mall. Much of Tri-County's demise was due to the $75 million pumped into Forest Fair Mall by the now defunct Mills Corporation and Springdale failing to invest in the shopping district by sprucing up the area.

I went to a Springdale Zoning Board meeting last fall and one of the people on the board said, "I just got back from Boca Raton, Florida and it gave me some great ideas for Tri-County. I think we should look into condo towers. Can we mandate minimum building heights in a PUD?"

I kid you not, they are completely clueless about what to do with that mall.
Here's to Cincinnati, The Queen of the West,
A dirty old city, but still nobly blest.
For it's here that fine arts with the frivolous twine,
A veritable Deutschland just Over the Rhine.

Offline Ram23

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2015, 11:25:35 AM »
They are beginning to talk about a second department store.   I think it will be Macy's.  They want out of Tri-County Mall. 

This wouldn't surprise me, with Dillard's pulling out of Tri-County, Macy's sees the writing on the wall. It's really hard to stop the bleeding of a dying mall. Much of Tri-County's demise was due to the $75 million pumped into Forest Fair Mall by the now defunct Mills Corporation and Springdale failing to invest in the shopping district by sprucing up the area.

I went to a Springdale Zoning Board meeting last fall and one of the people on the board said, "I just got back from Boca Raton, Florida and it gave me some great ideas for Tri-County. I think we should look into condo towers. Can we mandate minimum building heights in a PUD?"

I kid you not, they are completely clueless about what to do with that mall.

Give it fifteen years: they can add some residential, a hotel, and call it an indoor lifestyle center - for those people who love lifestyle centers like Liberty Center, but hate having to be out in the cold, heat, rain, or snow.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2015, 03:33:39 PM »
Liberty Center announces 2 more tenants

Liberty Center, the $350 million mixed-use development under construction in Butler County, has named two more tenants.

The latest tenants announced for the center are Funny Bone Comedy Club and Restaurant and Flip Side, a gourmet burger restaurant.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2015/02/10/liberty-center-announces-2-more-tenants.html
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline OHKID

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #356 on: March 13, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
^Definitely a step up from a mega-mall. Anyone remember back when Mills was a strong company and was considering building a mega-mall by the I-75 rest stop?

What worries me about this center primarily is the tenant mix. It's weak. Very weak given the location, market, etc. But I think i did a good enough job expressing those concerns upthread.

Offline bendixondavis

• 408'-Kettering Tower
« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:17 PM »
Its refreshing to hear a developer planning for how their product can help the community rather than not worrying about it at all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:17:59 PM by bendixondavis »

Offline cincyimages

• Follow on Facebook
  • 2717'-Burj Khalifa
  • cincyimages.com
    • cincyimages.com
« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
Liberty Twp. rings up another I-75 developer

"We've already had over 30 calls from companies," said Brian Copfer, senior vice president for Miller-Valentine, which recently announced its purchase contract for 88 acres across Interstate 75 from the $350 million Liberty Center project.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/money/2015/04/09/liberty-twp-rings-another-developer/25538589/

Remove Ads