Author Topic: Huber Heights: Development and News  (Read 343 times)

thomasloren and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
Huber Heights: Development and News
« on: June 10, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
Huber Heights approves contract for manager of $18M music center

Huber Heights has agreed to a deal for a manager of its new $18 million music center.

The city council voted 8-0 Monday night to approve a contract with Music Event Management Inc. to operate the Huber Heights Amphitheater, the 4,500-seat, $18 million centerpiece of its The Heights mixed use development. The 10-year contract with options to renew for another 15 years calls for the city to pay MEMI $80,650 through the end of 2014 and an annual management fee of $225,000 each year thereafter.

More below:
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2014/06/10/huber-heights-approves-contract-for-manager-of-18m.html
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Offline OHKID

• 408'-Kettering Tower
Re: Huber Heights: Development and News
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »
Suburbia! Oh well haha. Hoping they don't choose to do a purple neon sign for the music center as is shown in the mock-up, that is fugly....

Anyways, more news to add:
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2014/06/11/tj-chumps-to-open-new-restaurant-in-mixed-use.html

I don't think this necessarily means the Heights development is happening, but it does mean they sold one of the outlots.

Offline weatherphotographer

• 279'-First Energy Center
Re: Huber Heights: Development and News
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »
Too much to cover from the past few months, but long story short. The music center is ALMOST complete, the Goodsports center may never happen. GS has had legal issues in other cities, so this project is suspended for the time being.

22 Million dollars, so we're way over budget for the "Heights". I think the voters will fix these issues at the ballot box in November 2015 when council members are up for re-election.

'Nuff said

Remove Ads