Author Topic: Columbus: Downtown: Hilton Columbus  (Read 41110 times)

Offline Columbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Columbus: Hilton Columbus Downtown
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
A couple more reports of the Downtown Hilton Hotel's grand opening:

NBC4 News: Hilton Hotel Celebrates Grand Opening

Columbus Underground: First Look: The Hilton Downtown Columbus
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. -- Vincent van Gogh (1853-90)

Offline jmicha

• 2717'-Burj Khalifa
Re: Columbus: Hilton Columbus Downtown
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
On my way from Cincy to Cleveland Wednesday I took a detour and got off the highway, went up High Street, and got on I-670 to bypass all the I-71/70 interchange garbage that was backed up like crazy. I passed by this Hilton and was quite surprised at how much I liked it. It's fairly simple, but nicely done. The glass canopy over the sidewalk was interesting as was the skybridge. I'd like to see more of this style of architecture built in Ohio's cities.

Offline ColDayMan

• Administrator
  • ♪♪ An Apollo Legend! ♪♪
Re: Columbus: Downtown: Hilton Columbus
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »
Downtown Hilton planning nearly $500K restaurant and bar overhaul

The Hilton Columbus Downtown is hardly three years old, but itís already getting a nearly $500,000 renovation.

Guest complaints about noise from the hotel's drinking and dining areas, which has been drifting up through the large atrium, prompted Hilton to make plans to alter the layout of its Gallerie bar and make sound-dampening improvements to its adjacent Gallerie restaurant.

More below:
I love it when people come into a message board and immediately begin to mix it up.  I mean, Jesus, at least say hello!  Do you walk into a room full of strangers, pick a random woman, and tell her she's fat? - buildingcincinnati

Remove Ads