Welcome. Today's tour starts in May with a look at the Pea, which belongs to OTR celebrities Michael and Holly Redmond. We then progress to Mount Auburn's Walker Street
(the best street in that neighborhood), with a sign, some backyard cool, a beautiful bench, and a look toward Sycamore Street.
Fast forward to mid-August, during an open house at OTR's Saengerhalle
at Race and 14th streets. Here we see a little blight, an available office space, a homeless man sleeping on a bench relocated from Washington Park, some oldness, some construction, and a cool ass light fixture.
Then, back to Walker Street for some resident-led landscaping cool.
Next, back to OTR. Here is a sign for Taste of Belgium
, in the old Gateway Quarter leasing office, before it opened. Then up to the top floor of the Gateway Condos for some neighborhood shots. A shot of City Hall is included.
Finally, Mount Adams, and a trip to City View Tavern
. Some great views to be had there.
This, like all of my posts, is all over the place. Deal with it.
See 4,270 photographs of Cincinnati and its neighborhoods here
1. The Pea, at the Famous Neons Unplugged, 12th Street, Over-the-Rhine.
2. No parking on Walker Street, Mount Auburn.
3. How cool is this? Anonymous backyard, Mount Auburn.
4. Sit an' rest a spell. Walker Street, Mount Auburn.
5. Walker Street, looking northward toward Sycamore Street, Mount Auburn.
6. Blighted window, Republic Street, Over-the-Rhine.
7. Saengerhalle office space, Race Street, Over-the-Rhine.
8. Saengerhalle office space, Race Street, Over-the-Rhine.
9. Sleepy. 14th and Race streets, Over-the-Rhine.
10. Old-timey street sign, 14th and Race streets, Over-the-Rhine.
11. Saengerhalle offices under construction, Race Street, Over-the-Rhine.
12. Sangerhalle offices under construction, Race Street, Over-the-Rhine.
13. Light fixture cool, Saengerhalle, Race Street, Over-the-Rhine.
14. The residents of Walker Street WORK to improve their street. Mount Auburn.
15. Know Theatre marquee construction, Jackson Street, Over-the-Rhine.
16. Taste of Belgium signage, 12th and Vine streets, Over-the-Rhine.
17. Vine Street, looking south toward Central Parkway and the Cincinnatus mural, Over-the-Rhine.
18. 12th and Vine streets, Over-the-Rhine.
19. Vine Street, looking northward, Over-the-Rhine.
20. City Hall, taken from Gateway Condos on Vine Street in OTR.
21. Rooftop oasis, Gateway Condos, Vine Street, Over-the-Rhine.
22. City View Tavern, Oregon Street, Mount Adams.
23. Sky, Oregon Street, Mount Adams.
24. Great American Tower and Downtown, taken from City View Tavern in Mount Adams.
25. The skyline from City View Tavern in Mount Adams. Better camera, better shot....